“excellent value”

Ranked #42 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
istanbul
“excellent value”
Reviewed August 5, 2010

Very nice hotel, good location... Excellent value for we've paid. Very much enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (660)
  • Hebrew first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 4, 2010

After reading alot of reviews about this hotel, my friend and I, along with our children decided to try it out. Upon entering the parking lot, the parking attendant was nowhere to be found, so wanting to check in, I pulled into one of the empty spaces. I fully intended to be done with check-in quickly and come back to my car. As soon as I was exiting my car, the parking lot attendant started screaming at me that I couldn't park there. I explained that I was checking-in and would only be a few minutes and he backed down quickly. Attempting to check-in was another hassle as they could not find my reservation. The front desk clerk seemed to be new or not really sure of his job and it took about 1/2 hour of us going back and forth before he found my reservation. Finally, we get up to the room and there is one double bed for four people. I went back downstairs and he quickly changed my room to another one.

All-in-all, this hotel is in a great location. The rooms are small, but very clean. As other guests have mentioned, there was some noise that could be heard all night due to people coming and going from the garage. The pool and the pool area are small as well but looked like a nice place to hang out and have your free drink. Breakfast is enough to get you going to lunch. If you are looking for a hotel with alot of "bells and whistles", this is not the hotel for you. However, if you want to be in the Quarter, close to the action for a decent price, this hotel definitely fits the bill. I paid $95 and this included parking ($28 per night) and hotel taxes.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank flygirla
Casselberry, Florida
Reviewed August 2, 2010

A friend of mine stayed here for what was supposed to be 4 nights but we ended up staying an extra night which the allowed at the same price we were paying. We arrived early after a 10hr drive and the staff was so kind to let us check in early!!! Everyone at the hotel was SO friendly, Jennifer and Lisa at May Bailey's made us feel like they knew us for years. On top of everything that was amazing at the hotel the beds were to die for!!! Very close to all the action without all the noise!!! We def will be back!! I booked this after countless hours on trip advisor reading through review after review and I was very happy with our choice!!

San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 27, 2010

My husband and I literally cannot get over how nice the staff is at the Dauphine Orleans. From the front desk to the bell boys to the engineer... EVERYONE made us feel like we were staying at the Four Seasons. When we met the hotel manager we realized it definitely comes from the top down, like it should. He was understanding and really wants to make the customer happy.
The room was nice (not like a Four Seasons) and very comfortable. The memory foam bed was incredibly easy to sleep on and the bathroom had very nice marble floors. (The bathroom could use a couple more shelves, but other than that was a very nice space.) You can't beat the location, either. Pretty much everything was in walking or short cab ride distance. Plus it was QUIET for those of you who want to have fun but then want the fun to end when you want to go to sleep.
Please note, there is no mini-bar or room service. This is not really an issue if you know ahead of time and stock up on snacks and water. There is a Walgreens a few blocks away that has everything for cheap.
Our only issue was with non-hotel guests and babies in diapers using the pool. The pool is nice and filled with salt water, but it isn't huge. So knowing that poopy diapers and locals are taking up space made it less fun. Oh, also the valets can talk a little loud in the carport and it echos to all of the rooms on the inner sides. Other than that, I couldn't ask for a nicer place to stay for the price! Did I mention how wonderful the staff is??

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Plaidbunny
NYC
Reviewed July 27, 2010

I had a wonderful time in New Orleans and I received great service at the Dauphine Orleans. The rooms were very clean, the staff was very professional and pleasant and most of all, the price was very reasonable. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you want to stay by the French Quarter. The great thing about the Dauphine Orleans is that it's a block away from all the commotion that is happening on Bourbon and you don't hear a thing once you are in your hotel room!! AWESOME!!!

Peachtree City, Georgia
Reviewed July 25, 2010

Great location, great staff, clean, quite, good price, you get a free drink at the bar and a so so breakfast.
We would stay there again, loved the staff.

Bill and Judy Estay
Sharpsburg, GA

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Perry, NY
Reviewed July 24, 2010

While the Dauphine Orleans is nothing to write home about, the staff was friendly, the beds were clean, towels and toiletries were replenished daily. Continential breakfast was enough to get one started in the mornings. Would suggest designing a working lounge/commom area for guests to gather in other than at the bar.....more lounge chairs at the pool.....otherwise, an OK stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple