Dauphine Orleans Hotel
$179
$153
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$99
  • Breakfast included
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$117
$111
$259
$190
$249
$189
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$144
$118
$210
$189
$130
$102
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$197
Omni Hotels
3,709 results
All reviewshermann housebourbon streetgreat locationfrench quarterthe main hotelcontinental breakfasthotel baryogurtparking garagequiet streetwould stay here againbalcony roomfront desk staffcharming hotelstaff was very friendly and helpfuljackson squaremardi gras
Reviewed February 6, 2009

My husband and I were looking for a hotel in New Orleans that would deliver the charm that the city is known for. I had been to Nola once before, when I was sixteen, but he had never been there before, and I wanted him to feel the magic I remembered the city for.

We chose the Dauphine because the descriptions and pictures looked like the kind of traditional hotel we wanted. Upon arrival, however, we were dissapointed to find that they were renovating. Our room was newly renovated, beautiful and very clean. Unfortunately, it was very modern and not exactly what we were looking for. After passing construction workers in the hall several times and walking past the "Please excuse our mess" signs several times, we decided to ask for a different room.

She was very happy to show us another option, and we immediately fell in love. The large room was separate from the regular hotel rooms, and looked out into a beautiful area. It had it's own separate entrance and large balcony. The room was large, the bathroom was huge and it was gorgeous. There was also a small wet bar and small refrigerator.

Unfortunately, New Orleans in August is stifling, and our air conditioner stopped working our third night. We called several times to have it looked at, and after getting it going again, it again broke. They explained that they couldn't fix it, and offered to move us to another room.

This time we were moved to another incredibly private room above Mae Bailey's, the hotel bar. This room was incredibly large in size, had two separate bathrooms (a ladies and a gentleman's, the ladies had a large tub and dressing table area, the gentleman's held the sink, toilet and shower) as well as a huge walk-in closet and a second decent-sized closet. I don't recommend the room to non-smokers, as although you are not permitted to smoke in the room, it reeks of stale smoke. My husband and I attributed this to the fact that it was located directly above the bar. There was no refrigerator in this room, and the staff member who assisted our move offered to attempt to find one to bring up, though we declined the offer.

In all, we loved the hotel, though I must say that we were not impressed with the staff overall. One employee was incredibly helpful - unfortunately, she was rarely there. They did give us a complimentary bottle of Champagne in celebration of our marriage (it stated on their site that this was included for all honeymooners), though we had to ask for it.

While there isn't an on-site restaurant, there are many within a short walking distance. The hotel is in a great location, right in the French Quarter, but is far enough from Bourbon Street that the noise doesn't really reach the area. The hotel did offer a breakfast (I believe it was $6 per person). They serve it in a little room off of the outdoor area where the pool is located. It's incredibly informal, and things like fresh fruit bagels, toast, waffles, cereal, yogurt, croissants, were offered. The staff places the items there, but it is self serve, and there are toasters, etc. there as well if you choose to have a toasted english muffin, etc. Also, I recall there being orange juice, coffee and milk.

The beds were incredibly comfortable (I still intend to call and find out what kind of mattresses they have on those beds!). The pool is not large, though it is a quaint little hotel with lots of charm. Take a look at the pictures, and you will see how lovely it really is.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Berkana
Reviewed January 29, 2009

I stayed at the Dauphine Orleans recently. I enjoyed the location as it was in close proximity to everything in the quarter. The hotel also offered a plentiful selection at breakfast in the courtyard next to the pool. The rooms had large flatscreen televisions with digital channel selections as well as analog. The bed was very comfortable with plenty of pillows, although being in New Orleans one does not usually get enough rest. My only complaints were the elevators, which were in dire need of updating and the bathrooms could also stand to be updated. I was also unfortunate enough to be located directly next to the elevator and therefore heard the comings and goings of everyone on my floor at all hours of the night. I don't believe I slept more than an hour each night. Other than that, it was a grand old hotel.

• Stayed: January 2009
1  Thank Jennifer Y
Reviewed January 20, 2009

I just returned from a stay at the Dauphine Orleans Hotel. What a find! It is a block from Bourbon St in the French Quarter and surprisingly quiet. Upon arrival, my group of six (three rooms) were upgraded to the patio rooms across the street from the main hotel. The front desk staff was very friendly and suggested restaurants in the area. We used our key to access the courtyard. The rooms surrounded the courtyard with doors and shuttered windows. We had a very spacious room with exposed brick wall and beams on the ceiling. There was a large bathroom with a jacuzzi tub and bathrobes. The bed had a very comfortable memory foam mattress. Everything was very clean. There was a happy hour shortly after we arrived and we enjoyed a free drink over by the pool. We had an easy walk around the French Quarter and had a great dinner at Landry's followed by beignets at Cafe du Monde.
In the morning there is a breakfast with a variety of choices including make your own waffles, yogurt, fruit, juices and coffee and breads and cereals.
The history of the hotel is fun with a past of brothel and hospital. There is some documentation of hauntings. This is also the property where John Audubon completed his famous "Birds of America" series.
I would not hesitate recommending this property or returning to it. There was nothing I didn't love.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank traveljunkieDenver
Reviewed January 15, 2009

Stayed 4 nights in room 307.

It's a reasonably nice hotel, with extremely(!!!) friendly staff. Nice room, huge flatpanel tv, nice bathroom. Figuring out how to turn on the shower took me ten minutes and a call to the lobby though, hahaha, delicate mechanism. But great water pressure etc. They keep it very clean. Breakfast is a plus, self-service including waffle maker etc., tons of things to choose from, only downside all plastic cups plates etc... but well that's the US I guess. Great location in the heart of the french quarter. Nice little courtyard with pool.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank academic81
Reviewed January 13, 2009

if they put you in a room over the parking garage ask them to move you! The noise coming up from the interior car park is awful. The concrete acts like an echo chamber, and since the elevators are off the parking garage you hear every car door slam, argument between the valets and drunks coming in late.
Having said that, the hotel is nice- room and bath recently refurbished, very clean, and the location is great for seeing the French Quarter and a few blocks from the St Charles streetcar.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple