“It was okay..”

Dauphine Orleans Hotel
Ranked #46 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed June 14, 2014

The Dauphine Orleans Hotel is authenic French Quarters style hotel. It needs some TLC. We had spiders in our room. The restroom needed to be renovated. Lots of mirrors in the restroom. When we asked to check-out a day early -- they charged us $75.00. What we did like about it -- great breakfast and the bed was comfortable. Good location to Bourbon Street. If I every go back to New Orleans - I will spend the extra money and stay on Canal Street at a more expensive hotel.

Room Tip: Stay in the main house and save your money on upgrading.
1  Thank Marie M
Write a ReviewReviews (3,574)

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Friendly staff. Rooms are adequate. Location is convenient.Not luxurious but I wasn't expecting the Ritz. It's a perfectly acceptable place but I think their sister hotels are nicer for the same price.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Really great experience staying here. 30 seconds from Bourbon street. What I liked most about the room was the outdoor patio.

The only thing is that it's very loud outside and since the door to the patio isn't sound proof, you hear all the noises.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Beautiful property very conveniently located in the French Quarter. I am usually in New Orleans at least 3 weeks a year, this property has become my favorite
Great free breakfast and courtyard pool.
Daytime doorman is the best possible ambassador for the property.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Foodservicepro
Reviewed June 11, 2014

First off, like most Trip Advisor reviewers, I will start off with comments about other reviews. This hotel is in the French Quarter, so I was prepared for street noise and an older location. If you want a quiet, brand new room ...stay in one of the high rise hotels near Canal street. Yes...the TV kicked on both nights at midnight. I think they do that intentionally and I am just going to ask them to spare me the next time I'm there.

Great location and easy to get to off of I-10. I especially love not having to drive across Bourbon and other busier areas to get here. Very easy to park and get car out of Valet. We stayed in the Superior Carriage House King and boy did my wife love the charm. Room is interior on the grounds and the wooden staircase leading to the room only led to our room.
A little noise from a neighboring room's (behind us) TV late at night was annoying, but I brought ear plugs knowing I was staying in a building older than any relative I've ever known. Room had cold AC which is a must in New Orleans. Staff was great and friendly. the free drink at May Baileys was cool. Great fresh fruit for breakfast (breakfast was fruit, cereal, muffins and waffles...but who cares...go get a Beignet!)

Room Tip: I would book a room interior to hotel like the Superior Carriage House King to help alleviate street...
1  Thank fijidaniel
Reviewed June 11, 2014

This is the second time I've stayed here and I was very happy once again.
The hotel is very clean, lobby, hallways, room especially. The only thing wrong was the toilet wouldn't always flush the first time. Mervin the valet/bellmen was incredibly friendly and always in good spirits. Chris the bartender served us some great cocktails and popcorn in May Baileys. She makes a great Tropical Depression. The breakfast attendants were very nice and kept the dining room picked up at all times. Breakfast is more than just muffins and coffee. There were waffles, sausage, hard boiled eggs, cereal, fruit, yogurt...the list goes on. We stayed for 3 nights so some variety would have been nice but a huge breakfast that's included - I really can't complain!

Josh at the Front Desk checked us in and had some great suggestions for restaurants, bars, lounges, and places to hear jazz. He really makes you feel welcome - tell him you read about him on tripadvisor- he laughs every time. We asked one of the other front desk staff members for a restaurant and she handed us a business card with not so much as a smile. Can't win 'em all I guess!

The salt water pool was very refreshing as it was 90, sunny, and humid every day. There are towels in the pool area and lemon water, iced tea, and cookies around 2:30pm. Claim a spot early because there are only a couple of lounge chairs.

One block behind burbon, a handful of blocks to Jackson Square, 150 times better than staying on Canal St! Oh and complimentary water and coffee in the room! Enjoy the Dauphine Orleans and NOLA!

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are louder from the street noise but so worth it!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Great place to stay that is close to everything, but just far enough away to avoid all the craziness & noise from Boubon Street. It is a historical & charming hotel that is a nice retreat after a hectic day of running around the french quarter :) We were within walking distance of everything from this location. Staff are super helpful whether it be calling a taxi, giving restaurant tips, or info on area attractions. This hotel is very clean & well maintained. Fresh iced tea, water w/lemon & ginger snap cookies are put out near the pool each afternoon and there is complimentary bottled water in your room. The relaxing pool area, wonderful breakfast, and May Baily's bar are nice additions that make this a fantastic place to stay. We will definitely return to the Dauphine Orleans on our next trip!

Room Tip: We stayed on 2nd floor but not on street side. We heard there is more noise in rooms facing the fron...