“Quiet spot just steps from the action”

Dauphine Orleans Hotel
Ranked #42 of 164 Hotels in New Orleans
Toronto, Canada
“Quiet spot just steps from the action”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Hotel Dauphine has clean rooms, comfortable beds, helpful staff. Its surprisingly quiet for its close proximity to the action. It has a small quiet courtyard with seating. Great restaurants, shops and galleries and music within walking distance. There is a great bike rental just a few blocks away if you want to explore more of this fabulous town.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Debbie F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (671)
  • Hebrew first
Palm Desert, California, United States
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had a great experience. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was good. Great location in French Quarter. Would stay there again and recommend to my friends.

Room Tip: I stayed in the carriage house which was worth the extra money, lots of space, king sized bed and lo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sally M
Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I was so thrilled to go to New Orleans - went on a sisters weekend. The parking attendent Michael was fabulous the front desk people were terrific.However, first the pool was freezing, they advertise a hot tub. The hot tub is across the street and is so worn out. We lifted the lid and the water was cold and there was sand in the seats, so we didn't get to relax in the hot tub. The first night we found that the bathtub did not drain, we called and a gentleman came up and worked on if for a few minutes, but said - it is" just old plumbing and there was nothing he could do". Next day we came back and found the beds made, but no vacuuming, no trash emptied and sheets not changed. The we noticed the bathroom floor had a big puddle in it, we found that the toilet was leaking. We let them know and it was never looked at. We checked out the next day we all split the bill 3 ways - several days later the two of us that paid with a credit card got another charge from them for $54.88. We called and they were not helpful and firm that an error had been made in the room rates - and they charged us more. Now we were not given the decency to give us a phone call, just hit our credit cards. I have read several other posts on tripadvisor about this hotel and how others have been cheated out of money and other complaining about the poor cleaning. Trust me DO NOT STAY here.

Room Tip: If you choose a balcony overlooking the street, there is no door to get out on the balcony there is...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank anad7771
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We have stayed at the Dauphine Orleans several times over the past five years, during Jazz Fest. We love the location and have always found the staff and accommodations welcoming and comfortable. Much prefer this setting to the large hotels.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank leslieksm
Auburn, Washington
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I enjoyed everything about my stay at the Dauphine Orleans. I loved the quaint little courtyards. The room was cute as could be. The bed was comfortable. It was quiet even though it's only a block from Bourbon Street. The parking garage allowed us to leave our car past check out time so we could continue to explore NOLA. The attendant was very helpful with directions & where to go & not go for safety's sake. Yes, I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I love the Hermann House rooms, across the street from the main hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SpikesShieldmaiden
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for the first time in April/May 2011. This would have been my second stay. It does have a great location in the french quarter. The newest section of the hotel is modern, with clean rooms. The older section of the hotel, which has beautiful rooms with warm wood furniture is not very well kept. The rooms are musty, very dark, and you will find insects. Also, the hotel has a an awkward setup with the old part and the new. I chose this hotel again because my Swiss friends find it charming and that is has a great location. For this second stay, I made my reservation six months in advance, in October 2012, directly with the hotel. We were looking to attend the Jazz Fest, for the last week of April 2013. Unfortunately, I had to cancel at the last moment since the group I was traveling with cancelled their reservations and I was not willing to travel solo during such a busy time. Unfortunately, the hotel charged me a penalty of a one-night stay including taxes, which added up to about $400! The reservations' manager was not willing to compromise, unless I submitted a medical excuse. I could not do so because I was not sick. My traveling companions made the reservations via a travel agency, which usually charges the hotel a percentage. I do not recommend making reservations directly with the hotel. As a senior citizen, I feel that travelers need to protect themselves and their pockets!!!

Room Tip: Rooms at the modern part of the hotel and cleaner than those at the older part.
Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank beba1971
Detroit
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The location is fantastic and the staff is very friendly. But, I really didn't think our room was cleaned properly. The toilet base was dirty and the bathroom fan was not effective. There was something (looked like a chicken tender chunk) in the open closet and in a visible location. There was also a layer of dust and debris around baseboards. We had inquired about the bathroom cleaning, but I saw no changes.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends