“Clean and right in the middle of the French Quarter”

Dauphine Orleans Hotel
Ranked #42 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
Springfield, Missouri
“Clean and right in the middle of the French Quarter”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We enjoyed staying at Dauphine Orleans and would stay there again! Clean rooms and great service. All staff members were extremely helpful. We had a room right by the elevators, so noise was a little bit of an issue, but overall secluded from outside noise.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (669)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed March 21, 2013

It pains me to write this. I have always LOVED this hotel. I was celebrating a special occasion last Friday, and made my reservation in person well in advance, and called the day of arrival asking for extra pillows.
Upon arrival, my request had been ignored, my room was not the one I had booked, and the front office staff was slow and unresponsive. This made us all late for dinner. They "downgraded" another guest and offered to upgrade my room for an additional fee!! I asked to speak to a manager twice but was not contacted until the next day near check out.
I felt so unwelcome at the Dauphine Orleans that I swapped hotels with my daughter and slept elsewhere. And even though I have exchanged several emails with the manager, I have yet to be offered anything more than comped parking. It was a complete waste of about $400+.
It's just not the service I have come to expect, and it saddens me because it makes me want to cut ties with a hotel that my family has a long history with. My grandmother told me with great pride when I stayed there as a child that the hotel was built with nails from my ancestors blacksmith shop, and every generation since then has had some connection to this hotel.
I will probably give the hotel another chance, but unless they seriously step up and address my complaint, they are going to lose their status as my favorite hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Trig4fun
Sarnia, Canada
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We enjoyed the ambiance at the Dauphine. The pool, fitness room and breakfast area were all in a quaint little courtyard setting. Breakfast was self-serve with a variety of options...perfect after a late night on the town. The rooms are simple...not overly fancy...but clean...and the bed was comfortable. We are glad that we stayed in this quaint place in the French Quarter as opposed to the newer franchise hotels on Canal Street. We were one block away from Bourbon Street which was a perfect distance. All staff members were friendly, and willing to answer our questions. We had a wonderful three night stay. (We booked the hotel with our flight through Travelocity) - good deal!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Winnfield, Louisiana
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My husband and I have stayed here several times. We enjoy the atmosphere and location. May Baily's is a great little bar, love the staff there. This trip we stayed on the 4th floor over the parking garage. Won't do that again. The room was small and so was the bathroom, but we know that is not indicative of the rest of the hotel, so we will stay again, but with conditions.

Room Tip: Rooms on inside of 4th floor are very noisy and small.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My wife and I just returned from a 3 night stay at the Dauphine Orleans. It was our first time there but it won't be our last. We loved it. As others have said, only a block from Bourbon St but it was quiet! We had a standard room on the 4th floor. The room is not large but the bed is comfortable and we liked our accomodations. The staff were friendly and helpful. There is a nice breakfast in the mornings, coffee was very good, cereal, toast, pancakes, sausage, hard boiled eggs, various juices, milk etc.
The charming courtyard has a small pool and it was nice to sit out there and have a glass of wine after a day of walking around seeing the city. I would recommend the Dauphine to my family and friends.

Room Tip: We stayed in the main building and found it to be very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is adorable!! We were only there for one night but would have loved to stay many more. The room was perfect! Clean and spacious. The front desk staff was a huge help to us in seeing the sights and also very friendly. We didn't even know our room included a breakfast, so that was a nice surprise and the breakfast was great. Plenty for everyone. I can't recommend this hotel enough. So close to everything and even though you are only one block off Bourbon street, the location is very quiet. The garden and pool area is very nice also.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Elizabeth S
Angmering, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2013

3 Night stay for three couples, we all had superior rooms in the Carriage House this location although in the French Quarter was very quiet at night, the Carriage House is excellent for this. Our room was rather dark, great comfortable bed and the room was of a good size. the shower was poor, the water never got hot in the shower although the hot tap in the sink was much better. Neither of our friends had showers, one had a shower attachment in the bath and the other just a bath and no shower at all. Our rooms looked nothing like those shown on the website. I would suggest you ask if your room comes with a shower. breakfast was served in a rather dingy grubby room and all very messy.
Reception Staff all very helpful, The swimming pool gets no sun at all and is forever in the shade. Our first trip to New Orleans, there has to be better places to stay for the price paid.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends