“Loved the Dauphine!”

Dauphine Orleans Hotel
Ranked #48 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Beckley, WV
Reviewed November 11, 2003

I stayed at the Dauphine Orleans in August of 2000. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and had goose down pillows. My room overlooked the pool, which I liked and did not find to be all that noisy. The hotel is close to everything and has a great bar!!! I can't wait until I get a vacation so I can come back!!!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Write a ReviewReviews (3,530)

Reviewed October 25, 2003

We stayed at the Dauphine Orleans on our honeymoon. The room was small and nothing to rave about. I didn't find the staff at the front desk very friendly, although the bell hops and parking lot attendents were so nice. A great thing about the hotel is the comp. shuttle which is very nice. It beats paying for a taxi, and the longest we had to wait for the shuttle was 10 mins. The May Bailey bar is worth checking out.
It has a cool vibe and is pretty quiet. They also had the best hurricane I had in the city! The continental breakfast was pretty good, one of the best I've seen.

1  Thank Colleen1974
Hannibal, Missouri
Reviewed October 10, 2003

We had a delightful time at the Dauphine. Rooms were clean and had everything we needed. Wife enjoyed the hot tub and the morning waffles. The beds were a little hard but not a problem. Morning paper was a nice touch as was the welcome drinks at Mae Baileys. Would defintely return to this hotel. Dan & Cathy Johnson

Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed September 28, 2003

We were here 9/24/03 thru 9/28/03. The hotel exceeded are expectations.
The rooms were a good size, clean and very comfortable. Everyone on staff was exceedingly friendly. Service was terrific, but not intrusive. Excellent continental breakfast with fresh fruit, waffles, pastries, etc. Pool and courtyard were quiet and lovely. Mae Baily's is a great place for a pre-dinner cocktail (they don't gouge you like most of the other bars in the French Quarter). Close to everything, but quiet location. The hotel may be a little faded around the edges, but that seems appropriate for the French Quarter. The whole place had a terrific atmosphere. One of our party may have even spotted on of the resident ghosts! We definately stay here again next year.

Vernon Hills, Illinois
Reviewed September 18, 2003

We stayed at the Dauphine Orleans Sept. 13-16 and had a wonderful time.
The staff was very pleasant and accommodating and our room was delightful. We used the hotel shuttle alot and all the drivers were terrific but I would like to say that Asa was top notch. I would like to send him a greeting from the Foleys and the Wagners. Hi Asa!! Thank you for your great friendly service during our stay at the Dauphine Orleans. Please also send a thank you to the other drivers as well.

Dallas,Tx
Reviewed September 13, 2003

This hotel looked good on paper. I wanted a hotel with a courtyard and a pool - real New Orleans flavor. This is not it! The room was tiny and the air conditioning could't even keep it comfortable. The room was musty. There is no lobby except 2 chairs in front of the desk. The pool was small and the courtyard so tiny you could fall in the pool trying to get around it. I don't see what the positive reviewers saw. Maybe they have nothing to compare it to. I say don't waste a great trip on this place.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 10, 2003

We just returned from a trip to New Orleans where we stayed at the Dauphine Orleans. I was a little uncomfortable about a hotel that I didn't know anything about but read numerous reviews about this one and for the most part they were all good. We had stayed at another hotel in NO in April that I had found and let me just say that it was not a good experience so we were a little apprehensive but...the reviews were all right! This is a great hotel with good service and friendly staff. All the little extras made a big difference. Housekeeping was very good and turn down service is a nice touch. The continental breakfast with waffles to go along with all the fruit and other items was good and fresh. It was very clean and the staff kept it supplied very well. I have seen reviews that said it was a little worn in places but when you think of how old it is and the people coming through every day it would have to be a little worn. While we were there, the staff was painting and cleaning even though the temperature was extremely hot and humid. We were vey pleased with our stay and will be going back many more times. May Bailey's was also very nice, quiet, and clean. A good place to stay in the French Quarter that is close to everything but quiet.

3  Thank Barbms