“Great hotel right in the middle of the French Quarter”

Dauphine Orleans Hotel
Ranked #42 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
Los Angeles, CA
“Great hotel right in the middle of the French Quarter”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We went as a family to New Orleans for the first time ever to celebrate my husband's 40th birthday. Staff was very friendly, breakfast was decent and the pool was perfect. Very nice and quaint hotel. We had a great time and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Pick a room on 3rd or 4th floor because people walk around all night since it's only a block or...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (669)
  • Hebrew first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Dauphine Orleans Hotel last week and it is definitely the best choice in the city. I had looked at other hotels such as the Royal Sonesta and Ritz Carlton (along with many others) and while on my stay I had the chance to check out those other properties. I couldn't get over how perfect it was at the Dauphine Orleans and how happy we were while visiting.

The service was beyond amazing! The room was spacious and private which is terribly difficult to find in New Orleans. We had a room in the cottage section of the hotel and not only was it romantic, but it was tranquil and very clean. We left the frech doors to our room wide open most of the time and it couldn't have been more perfect. We were so close to Bourbon Street and the French Market (Walking Distance) and it was so peaceful and quiet. The hotel is in a Great neighborhood. The staff always said hello and always asked if we need anything. After check-in, the manager called up to the room to make sure we had everything we needed. I mentioned to her that one of the light bulbs in the bathroom was burned out and it was replaced immediately.

The hotel grounds are meticulously cared for and this can not be an easy task. The hotel has a long and amazing history and is managed like a well oiled machine. I am not a big fan of free hotel continental breakfasts. I usually like to have a nice sit-down breakfast, but I was very impressed with both the breakfast dining area as well as the spread that was put out each morning. Fresh fruits, yogurts, waffles, hard-boiled eggs, croissants, danish, bagels, sausage, juices, coffee and much, much more. There was a friendly staff that was resposible for making sure everything was always re-filled and tidy. They were extremely efficient and kind! Even made my waffles for me one morning :-)

If you are looking for a great place to stay which is clean, romantic and with friendly personal service, this is the place! From the clean rooms, to the decadent marble baths, and the beautiful courtyards, I give this place the highest praise. We felt very safe and well taken care of at the Dauphine Orleans. They even gave us a complimentary bottle of champagne and a very sweet personalized hand-written card. As I mention in the title of this review, I am a tough grader. I travel extensively and know how to discern the good from the bad. I couldn't find one thing wrong with this place. Amazing!! You will really enjoy this place and they bend over backwards to make their guests happy :-)

Room Tip: Ask the front desk staff for a few room options if possible. Each room is different from the other...
4 Thank GlobesMine
Kent, Washington
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Staff was friendly, great location, good breakfast bar. Pool was wonderful. Room was clean, bed was comfy, sheets nice, ac worked great. Only noise we heard was the night of the Saints game and people coming home from that - not a big deal at all. We were there during the hurricane, and they helped us get a taxi fast so we could get to the airport and get out before it hit. Only complaint: that we didn't get to stay that last night - stupid Isaac. Thanks guys - will come back for sure!!

Manvel, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I can't rave enough about the service and friendliness of the staff at the Dauphine. They new us by name from the moment we checked in and one we got to our room, they called to make sure it was up to our standards. From the valet/bellhops to the bartenders at May Bailey's, we could not have asked to be treated any better. It was like we were family.

The bed was super comfy and the in room fridge was awesome. The pool was perfect. The view from the balcony was fun and the noise wasn't too much of an issue. The reception on the TV left a bit to be desired, but who watches TV in NOLA?

I won't stay anywhere else from now on. Thanks, y'all.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 26, 2012

when i was 60 my wife linda took me to orleans. we stayed at the dauphine which was one of the best hotel i have stayed. the concerage was terrific and told us how to enjoy my birthday, the room was great as was the staff. coming from boston you will miss out by not staying at the dauphine

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank aland459
Helsinki
Reviewed August 24, 2012

If you're going to play tourist in New Orleans, you have to be either in or close to the French Quarter. Dauphin Orleans is located just a block away from the busiest (and, incidentally, raunchiest) part of Bourbon Street, but that one block makes a difference: the hotel is quiet, and with (small) indoor courtyards, including one with a (small) pool, it is a great oasis on a hot summer's day.

The rooms were big, and the complimentary breakfast quite good. (Bird-lover's alert: the breakfast is served in the house in which James Audobon spent his last years. Lucky fellow!)

Parking is on-site, but you get charged a daily rate of $35.

1 Thank Pogo791
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 23, 2012

What a Gem! So beautiful and cozy, I didn't want to leave. My husband and I were celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary and decided to go to New Orleans. He had been but this was a first time for me. We saw the Dauphine online and did some investigating. What a wonderful surprise this hotel was. We arrived on Aug. 16, 2012 and stayed till Aug. 19, 2012. We arrived way before check-in time, but they had our room ready for us. It was a lovely room, so clean and fresh smelling. Nice big bed, beautiful TV, a balcony, and a very clean bathroom. We put our bags down and went out to walk around town. We walked down Bourbon street to Canal and then onto Riverwalk and took the steamboat tour. A very nice way to spend the morning. After that we walked back to Bourbon and stopped in some local establishments to get out of the rain. 3 for 1 beers! Oh my! We sat and watched the rain and just people watched, which is quite awesome on Bourbon Street. At night we walked along Bourbon Street, sampled food and drinks all up and down...at one point my husband dropped his phone and didn't realize it and when we headed back down the same way a young man from Rick's Cabaret came over to us and said he saw my husband drop his phone, he picked it up, tried to call out to him but he didn't hear him. He put the phone to the side and figured he would see us again walking back down the street. It was a good 1/2 hr later, but he was right. He gave my husband his phone, wouldn't accept anything, and told us to enjoy our stay. How nice is that?

We ate at NOLA's where I had fried eggplant strips, which were probably just the best things I have ever eaten in my life! My husband had the Taste of New Orleans platter and I had the catfish Po boy! Delish! Our favorite nighttime hangout was Sing Sing. Great musicians playing blues and putting a bluesy twist on some of todays music. Nachos were really good at Rita's Tequilla Room. Pat O's had some awesome food and friendly service.

The Dauphine had an outstanding Continental Breakfast, so that's where we ate every morning. Fresh fruit, assorted cereals, eggs, croissants, sausage, juices, freshly made waffles and coffee and tea.

We went to the WWII Museum which is a MUST. But please allow yourself at least 1/2 a day there. There is so much to see and so much to absorb and so much to honor. We should have planned better because we didn't even get to the Japan side of the attraction and we were there for 3 1/2 hours. It is so impressive so please make sure you plan on visiting!

Just a great time in a great city! Cannot wait to go back!

Room Tip: You can always ask for an upgrade when you get there...
3 Thank TeresaC023