Cornstalk Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Royal(New Orleans)
Chateau Hotel(New Orleans)
  • Breakfast included
Place d'Armes Hotel(New Orleans)
  • Breakfast included
Inn on Ursulines(New Orleans)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel Provincial(New Orleans)
  • Pool
Soniat House(New Orleans)
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsroyal streetcafe ameliecommon balconyfrench quarterpeople watchingantique furniturestreet musiciansfront porchfirst floorstay there againcharming hotelhigh ceilingssmall bathroomhistoric buildingblock from bourbon streetbottled waterthe location is perfect
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a portion of our honeymoon. The house is spectacular. We spent a portion of our honeymoon in NOLA and we wanted to stay somewhere that wasn't a chain hotel. We found the cornstalk and the Louis the manager is very friendly. In fact, when he found out that we were honeymooning he upgraded us. The house is unbelievable... people are constantly stopping in front taking pictures. The interior is just as amazing.

The room was cozy (we stayed in the very front of the house on the first floor) and we just loved the room and its vaulted ceiling with a gold leaf chandelier. The bathroom was small, but who spends a lot of time in the bathroom in NOLA anyways? The bed was EXTREMELY comfortable. The hotel is in a GREAT location walking distance to everything in the French Quarter.

The only thing I would warn about was that the room was noisy being in the front (but to be fair Louis warned us of this.) I thought it added to the charm of staying in NOLA. If you are a light sleeper I would definitely suggest a room in the back of the house on the second floor or you'll be upset at the noise.

We loved this place and it was definitely a highlight to our stay in New Orleans.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper stay in the back of the house on the upper level. The first floor rooms that are towards the front are very noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TamaraLLondon
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I lived in NO in the early80's. And I worked the desk nights. I always thought it to be a beautiful. And I would always be very hospitable. Walking thru the cast iron gates and walking thru the door takes you back to the past.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank debbieloutoo
Reviewed August 24, 2012

My husband and I traveled to New Orleans for our one year wedding and wanted to stay at a place with charm, but without being bothered. This fit the bill. The house is immaculately furnished and in the perfect location- quiet street, but very close to everything. We are from NYC and could tell the proprietor was from Brooklyn right away. We were given detailed instructions on things to do, what streets to walk down, etc. We basically didn't see the owners for the rest of the trip. They kept to themselves and let us enjoy our vacation. I would highly recommend, but don't expect to have a crafting session or go on a tour with the owners.

Room Tip: I have heard the cheapest rooms are very small. We stayed in the mid-tier room and it was roomy and beautiful. Very small bathrooms though. Our room was on the first floor and noise was not an issue. The hotel is situated a little further back from the street and quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank eokeefe2
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed here this past weekend for our anniversary. We live about an hour from NOLA and we've been admiring the Cornstalk Hotel ever since we first saw it 3 years ago. I was super excited to get to finally stay there. We stayed for one night in one of the rooms overlooking the balcony. First off the location can not be beat. I loved staying on Royal Street. We spent the weekend walking from the CBD to the Maringy and the Cornstalk was the perfect in between location. We loved people watching from the balcony and the woman at the front desk was super friendly and helpful. And our room was really beautiful.

Now for the bad: Our room was very very small for even two people. I know I rented one of the cheaper rooms in the hotel but for the nearly $200/night I paid- I was a little surprised by a few things. The very tall ceilings help make the room feel bigger but we struggled to not bump into each other- especially in the bathroom. The bed was really comfortable (nice sheets) but after normally sleeping in a queen- it felt really small. While I loved the view from the balcony it's sloping roofline and it's very wobbly railing had me nervous. And our room looked beautiful but had a strange almost musty smell that I couldn't shake. Previous reviews helped me to ask about where I could grab shampoo/conditioner and a hair dryer since those things are not automatically placed in your room.

Overall I really enjoyed my stay at the Cornstalk- it's location was amazing. BUT I was a little surprised by a few run down details in the house and given how much we paid to stay I don't think I'll be returning. But that is part of the fun thing about New Orleans- everywhere you look are amazing places to try out.

Room Tip: If staying for an extended period of time- stay in one of the bigger rooms. And if staying in the summer back some warm sleeping clothes- they keep it nice and cool inside.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank hollybr
Reviewed July 30, 2012

The location is great. The inn is lovely but if you want southern hospitality this is not your inn. Having a two hour check in window is overly restrictive. Being told repeatedly what I have to do was annoying. When it is 101 degrees outside and you are not even offered a drink of cold water on check in it was disappointing. Very beautiful but without a southern soul.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business