“When you get home, you want to go back.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Bourgoyne Guest House
Ranked #109 of 137 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Iowa
“When you get home, you want to go back.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2009

I have stayed at the Bourgoyne Guest House multiple times. I travel to New Orleans frequently and that is the only place prefer to stay at. Recently, I stayed in the Green Suite with my daughter on a mother/daughter trip. Two bedrooms, parlor, kitchen, and it was overlooking Bourbon. From the minute I walked up the stairs into the private solarium I fell in love. Despite being on Bourbon; on the contrary from previous review, it was so quiet. You have shutters both outside and inside you can close. In addition to the suites, the studios are also a wonderful place to lay your head.

J. Bourgoyne keeps this guest house in outstanding condition. I will continue to stay there when my travels take me there.

Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank IowaNola

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2004

Very fun and different BnB. I enjoyed myself greatly, as did my fellow guest. The owner is a great character and is good for a few great conversations. Iwill be back. Good spot on Bourbon (bars are not right out front so it's quiet) and NO TV! thank you! Pretty and very off the beated path

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2003

My husband and I had booked the "Bourgoyne" for our honeymoon in Nov. 02. We had previously visited N.O. and stayed at generic hotels. Both of those anonymous hotels were adequate, and lacking in personality. But the Bourgoyne had my heart as soon as we entered our suite! We had rented the Green Suite, which has a 3rd floor balcony ( very high, kinda scary) right on Bourbon Street and tons of historic character. Mr. Bourgoyne calls it the apartment, which it is. The master bedroom was 1/3 of the entire space, it was huge, but cozy. Our living room / dining room combination was awesome, and unfortunately we never quite used the full galley kitchen, except for keeping our french pastry. The only drawback was parking was a bit of a headache, but hey it's the French Quarter. And the stairs leading to our apartment were, after a long night out, very steep.Our accommodations were very clean, cozy, and welcoming. Their courtyard is lush and inviting, and the staff is so gracious we hated to leave. The Bourgoyne was a refreshing home, slightly off the beaten path of what the Quarter has to offer. It is definately not cookie cutter, but it feels like you could have dipped back to a different time while you lounge on the back veranda overlooking the courtyard. Our privacy was respected, but when we ran into Mr. Bourgoyne or his helpful staff, they were always obliging and pleasant, I just wish I could've sat down and talked more with them. I'm sure they could tell some great stories of Quarter! I would highly recommend, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, can't wait to return!

14 Thank missnola