“First class B&B in New Orleans!”
Review of B&W Courtyards

B&W Courtyards
Ranked #7 of 138 New Orleans B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Paola, Kansas
“First class B&B in New Orleans!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

It was my husband's first time in New Orleans so I wanted to make it special. The B&W Courtyard made it just that and more! Our room was cozy and comfortable and yet elegant and romantic. The courtyard adds a wonderful ambience to the place. Rob and Kevin were great hosts, very hospitable and provided us wonderful tips on what to do and where to go. It is walking distance to everything. Highly recommended! We will definitely come back again and stay with them.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Altamonte Springs, Florida
Reviewed July 8, 2013

It is rare that I am surprised when it comes to a B & B .. But gosh were we! B & W Courtyards simply surpassed our expectations! From the breakfast, which was as visually pleasing as tasty, to the well appointed room (the sherry was a fabulous touch), to the beautiful courtyard with orange jasmine scent pervading the area.. We were sad to go. The hosts Rob and Kevin went out of their way to ensure our stay was sensational. We departed not wondering if we would return but when! Bravo!

Andrew and Darin - Jacksonville

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Bstndrew
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a few nights after coming to NoLa for a wedding in the french. We had a wonderful stay with Kevin & Rob. After the party of the French Quarter, this was heaven. Walking distance to everything, but on a quiet, unassuming street. A lovely area just a hop and skip to action in any direction.

They were very accommodating- our dates didn't match their availabilities, so we switched rooms half way thru. First couple nights we stayed in the courtyard room. Very clean and nice. But when they say small bathroom they mean mean it! I am 120 lbs 5"4 and my knees hit the door when i was using the toilet. Make sure you will fit! Seriously!

We then moved to the Barbados Suite which was extraordinary. Classy, comfortable and big enough for another couple, easily. Very elegant and private.

Lovely breakfasts from Kevin and advice from Rob on the city and anything else you ever wanted to know. They are lovely and hospitable and run a classy joint. I'd highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank jessie799
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed at B and W Courtyards for our anniversary. We have stayed here before and everything was perfect just like last time. We will not stay any other place while in New Orleans. The bed and breakfast is in walking distance to everything. At night you are lulled to sleep with the wonderful sounds of fountains. In the morning you have an amazing breakfast and even better conversation with Rob and Kevin. They have tips on where to go, ideas on where to eat, and things you must see and do. I will continue to stay here everytime I am in town. It is a slice of luxury in a very busy, very loud town.

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderful and comfortable
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My husband and I spent May 16-19 at B&W Courtyard and had a wonderful time! Rob and Kevin are the hosts extraordinaire. They made us feel at ease immediately. Rob shared his extensive knowledge of the New Orleans area- ideas on where to eat, sightseeing, and general areas of interest. Be smart and take his advice! All of his suggestions were fabulous! Kevin provides a beautiful, light breakfast with an arranged fruit plate that is gorgeous!

We stayed in the Front Carriage House. It was very nicely decorated and the bed was incredibly comfortable. I wanted to take it back home! I had read some reports about the bathroom facilities configuration, but Rob let us know ahead and it was no problem at all. It is kind of cool, actually. Being in the front, you are closer to the street,but we never had any issues with noise.

When you go, take time to enjoy the lovely water garden and garden areas of the B&B. The water feature is particularly nice and Kevin has done a beautiful job. So serene- it is an oasis of peace for a weary traveler!
My husband and I are walkers, so the location is terrific and an easy walk to the French Quarter. Frenchman's Street is very close also, and a great place to take in some local music.

There are many places to stay in New Orleans, but I would DEFINITELY recommend the B&W. Rob and Kevin made it feel as if we were staying with good friends. We will be going back!

"Hogs and Quiches" to our wonderful hosts who made our anniversary trip special!
Love you guys!
Lisa and Tim

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
, Owner at B&W Courtyards, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
OK, it's personal! And with a review like that...well, we feel so fortunate to have met so many wonderful people who "get" us. Thank you, sincerely, for staying with us, "getting" us, and writing such a kind and sweet review!
Red Beans & Ricely Yours,
Rob & Kevin
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My wife and I spent four nights at the B&W courtyards B & B in Chartres Street New Orleans and loved it. Just on the edge of the French quarter (a five minute walk away) this Cajun house has somewhat lack lustre façade, but open the garage door and you are in for a treat. The yard has a number of water features each growing tropical plants. Nice courtyard out the back for afternoon drinks. Rob and Kevin the hosts offer a wealth of information about the area. They were most welcoming and Rob sat with us at breakfast time giving us the benefit of his local knowledge while Kevin prepared fruit platters that were works of art. Rob's list of "to do" things seemed endless. The table settings were a great collection of fine china all in different styles.
Our room was a treat although the logistics of using the bathroom usually resulted in compromises being necessary. Other rooms seemed somewhat larger. Many local attractions in walking distance and after all walking is the best way to see what the big easy has to offer. Wandering the streets of the French Quarter and the Marigny gave the opportunity to experience some real Jazz.
Nice little bakery across the street for some special treats and coffee.
Thanks Rob and Kevin for everything.

Room Tip: Try for one of the bigger rooms.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Sorry, Rob. Even though everyone raved about your place, it just wasn't to our liking. We've stayed at many B&Bs over the years, but have never had such a dark room, nor such a small bathroom, where the showerhead got the toilet wet - except in the tight confines of a liveaboard dive boat, which we totally understand. This really detracted from our stay. I understand it was JazzFest, but to charge $200/night for that was too much. Yes, the breakfasts are gorgeously put together by Kevin (wish we could have visited more with him), and it is nice to visit around the table with other guests and get tips on restaurants and things to do. We liked the location being just out of the French Quarter, but still walkable to everything. The interior courtyards and water features were very soothing.

Room Tip: Front Carriage room has the bathroom with the showerhead next to the toilet. Also, it is right on t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
12 Thank stork90
, Owner at B&W Courtyards, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
It's hard to not take it personally because we are a small business, it is personal. Thank you for giving us high marks on cleanliness, location and sleep quality. I'd like to address your complaints. I think it's unfair to ding us on the bathroom and the location of the room. Not only am I always upfront with that, it's listed on our website. If that was going to be a problem you should have requested another room or not stayed with us. I know you were upset that it stormed during that weekend of Jazz Fest. It was dark and dreary outside. What I don't understand is why you didn't open the shutters on the window and the glass paned door. That would have flooded the room with light.
I think we've gone too far in this whole "review" process. We sincerely appreciate our 353 5 star reviews. I don't write any review of a small business unless its 5 stars. If I don't care for it, I just don't publish a review. I only publish a review that would be positive for a small business. . We're not the Hyatt or the Marriott. We are 2 guys just trying to make a living and hopefully provide a nice experience for our guests. This is our livelihood. It wasn't to your taste. Note to self, and I really mean SELF, don't stay here again. Why do you have to be so public? What do you think is positive or helpful about your review? No one was ugly to you. Anyway, luckily for us there are hundreds of people that disagree with you. I encourage you to think twice about your reviews of small businesses in the future. What you say can affect our livelihood. Is that what you wanted to do? Did that make you feel better? Is that who you really are?