“Chocolate lover paradise”

Ranked #3 of 65 Dessert in New Orleans
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: Southern Candymakers is a family-owned candy store in New Orleans' charming French Quarter. According to Bon Appetit Magazine, we have the best pralines...fresh and handmade daily!
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

All you have to do so is walk in and smell the chocolate.. It's heaven. They have free samples, but pralines are so strong, a taste is really all you need. The staff was super friendly.

socandy, Customer Service at Southern Candymakers, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2015

We're glad our staff took care of you and you enjoyed your divine chocolate treats! Thank you for your review. Warm Regards, Southern Candymakers.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Best pralines we had in New Orleans and worth every penny! The staff was friendly and very helpful. My daughter wants me to order some more.

We're glad our staff took care of you and you enjoyed your fresh pralines! Thank you for your review. Warm Regards, Southern Candymakers.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

My mom and I stopped in the last night we were in NOLA. Southern Candymakers was located right next to our hotel and I wish we had stopped in sooner. Their pralines are delicious! They also sell candy, fudge, and other delicious treats. We bought a box of pralines to bring back with us and they are almost gone. I'm so glad to learn they deliver!

Thank you for your review and your enthusiastic praise for our fresh pralines! Warm Regards, Southern Candymakers.

Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in on our last day in New Orleans. It was recommended by our tour guide a few days prior. I must say that I dont have too many words to describe the overall experience other than wonderful. The smell from the freshly baked treats as soon as you walk in blows you away. As you enter, you pass the bakers making the goodies behind the glass. The staff was very pleasant and offered samples. Everything looked delicious and smelled amazing. I sampled a praline and it was the best I've ever had by far. No comparison anywhere. Melts in your mouth good. I purchased some for the road. I also purchased a double dipped white chocolate pretzel...speechless. Southern Candymakers is definitely a must go to place if you are in New Orleans or within 50 miles of the location. Its just that good. A little pricy but not crazy. It's well worth it.

That's wonderful you had such a savory experience! Thank you for your review. Warm Regards, Southern Candymakers.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

If you saw how much sugar and butter and nuts they use in making their pralines, you would know why they are expensive. They also have dark, milk, and white chocolate candy, pretzels, cherries, and candy apples. Even assorted boxes of sugar free candy. I love dark chocolate. They have a great assortment.