“Pralines!!!!!”

Southern Candymakers
Ranked #3 of 63 Dessert in New Orleans
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: Southern Candymakers is a family-owned candy store in New Orleans' charming French Quarter. According to Bon Appetit Magazine, we have the best pralines...fresh and handmade daily!
Maryland
“Pralines!!!!!”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Southern candymakers oh how I love thee, let me count the ways. I dropped in twice in a weekend visit. This place smells like heavan when you walk in. There are a lot of praline places in NOLA but they dont smell like SCM's I will go back again and again and when I cant afford to fly I will be buying online. Two words "Original Praline"

Visited February 2013
socandy, Customer Service at Southern Candymakers, responded to this review, October 15, 2015
Thank you so much for your enthusiastic praise for our fresh pralines and for your review! Warm Regards, Southern Candymakers.

• Turkish first
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great candy, but it'll cost you.”
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in, waited in a long line that moved quickly, ordered 4 pieces of candy and paid over $10! I have to confess though...it was REALLY good. I recommend the dark chocolate turtles.

We're so happy you enjoyed your dark chocolate tortues! Thank you for your review. Warm Regards, Southern Candymakers.
New Orleans, Louisiana
“ok”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I've never been a big fan of candies but the praline and fudge here are awesome!
Don't over indulge lol...
I love the smell of the store once you walk in.

• Visited January 2013
That's wonderful you had such a savory experience! Thank you for your review. Warm Regards, Southern Candymakers.
“The BEST pralines”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

While in town, I wanted to compare some of the pralines. I tried these and just fell in love. Funny how you think they will all taste alike, but they don't. These were the best out of the 6 different ones I tried!!

Visited January 2013
We're happy you enjoyed your fresh pralines! Thank you for your review. Warm Regards, Southern Candymakers.
Dayton Ohio
“Treat yourself”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

When you're in the French Quarter, do yourself a favor and stop here for a treat. Terrific candies made fresh daily. Don't try to argue with me about whether these are the best pralines in NOLA - I have no idea. But I do know that the half-dozen sweet treats I've sampled here have all been excellent. Expensive? Yeah, probably - so just have a little bit! Worth every penny to me.

• Visited October 2012
Thank you for your review and your enthusiastic praise for our fresh treats! Warm Regards, Southern Candymakers.