“Pricey! But u get what you pay for.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Southern Candymakers

Southern Candymakers
Ranked #3 of 55 Dessert in New Orleans
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: Southern Candymakers is a family-owned candy store in New Orleans' charming French Quarter. According to Bon Appetit Magazine, we have the best pralines...fresh and handmade daily!
Brooklyn, New York
“Pricey! But u get what you pay for.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Visited this candy store while in NOLA for the Essence festival and the line was definitely line! But this mightve been due to the time of year I visited.
The store itself was clean and offered much more then the candy behind the counter. I even discovered a mix for sweet potatoe pancakes which is hard to find but I have used ever since.
While waiting you will not be bored because there is so much to see and it is very hard to stay within budget in this store because nothing is cheap. But I didnt mind because u get what u pay for and I saw cheaper pralines elsewhere but no lines like here which told me I was in the right place. I definitely bought some of their famous pralines to try and I found them to be not too sweet but very rich and chocolatey. You can actually taste the ingredients that go into them.
The staff was also friendly and joked with customers during our wait.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
socandy, Customer Service at Southern Candymakers, responded to this review, October 15, 2015
We're glad our staff took care of you and that you enjoyed your pralines! Thank you for your review. Warm Regards, Southern Candymakers.

• Turkish first
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Pralines are a Pure Sugar Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

When you make that list of "Must Eat" items in New Orleans, you must plan to stop at Southern Candymakers and get pralines. These are a pure sugar rush, but one that must be experienced before leaving NOLA. Warning - it's a bit pricey.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
We're delighted you enjoyed your pralines! Thank you for your review. Warm Regards, Southern Candymakers.
Madison
“Pralines!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

While this is more of an attraction than a restaurant, the pralines here are made in-house and are delicious. We got an assortment of bark (ok), pretzels (skip them) and pralines (to die for!). Stick with the original praline and you will not be disappointed.

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your review and your enthusiastic praise for our pralines! Warm Regards, Southern Candymakers.
Texas
“Very delicious candy but rude customer service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I spent over $180 in this place because the candy is WONDERFUL and the reviews were awesome! But the customer service from the old lady bagging all my goodies and ringing my order up was awful! Very hoity-toity and snoody acting. She also didn't even bother giving me a receipt, even when I asked for one, she couldn't supply it! I didn't appreciate her attitude at all! However, friends and family LOVED the pralines!

Visited January 2013
Lansing, Michigan
“parked across the street..why not”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Leaving FQ I look over to see this little candy shop across the way. OK Pralines for the way home.Samples as soon as we entered... picked... bought... and ate. Priced 23.99 only bought a 1/4 but enjoyed..NICE!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank s g
We're happy you enjoyed your pralines! Thank you for your review. Warm Regards, Southern Candymakers.