“Very delicious candy but rude customer service!”

Southern Candymakers
Ranked #3 of 62 Dessert in New Orleans
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: Southern Candymakers is a family-owned candy store in New Orleans' charming French Quarter. According to Bon Appetit Magazine, we have the best pralines...fresh and handmade daily!
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I spent over $180 in this place because the candy is WONDERFUL and the reviews were awesome! But the customer service from the old lady bagging all my goodies and ringing my order up was awful! Very hoity-toity and snoody acting. She also didn't even bother giving me a receipt, even when I asked for one, she couldn't supply it! I didn't appreciate her attitude at all! However, friends and family LOVED the pralines!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Leaving FQ I look over to see this little candy shop across the way. OK Pralines for the way home.Samples as soon as we entered... picked... bought... and ate. Priced 23.99 only bought a 1/4 but enjoyed..NICE!

1  Thank s g
socandy, Customer Service at Southern Candymakers, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2015

We're happy you enjoyed your pralines! Thank you for your review. Warm Regards, Southern Candymakers.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I had never tried pralines, but kept seeing them in every tourist/gift store. Was told by a local and a tour guide to go to this place. They are made fresh everyday and the range is amazing! They are very more-ish and addictive. I bought home a large pack and needless to say, they did not last long at all. The staff are friendly and hand out samples while you stand in front of the LARGE display case trying to decide what naughty-ness to buy. I strongly suggest that you pay them a visit. They can vaccum pack the caramel sweeties for the trip home.

We're glad our staff took care of you and that you enjoyed your pralines! Thank you for your review. Warm Regards, Southern Candymakers.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I had never had pralines, so I decided to give them a try. While they were too sweet for me, I've since found numerous other goodies to enjoy at Southern Candymakers. Of particular note are their tortues; the nuts taste fresh and are crunchy, the chocolate is rich, and the caramel just about melts in your mouth. I've brought home boxes for friends and family, and they all agree they are the best they've ever eaten. They also have some peanut butter and chocolate concoctions that are absolutely extreme! Love this place and visit it more than once on each trip.

1  Thank Janice A

We're so happy you enjoyed your tortues! Thank you for your review. Warm Regards, Southern Candymakers.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I went to Southern Candymakers, thanks to the suggestions on the Tripadvisor forum.

The pralines were amazing (loved the coconut), and I wish I had gotten more of the salted tortues. and thanks to the lovely lady behind the counter, I had the best toffee ever. I just had the last piece and I want to order more.

Look forward to return.

socandy, Customer Service at Southern Candymakers, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2015

We're glad our staff took care of you and that you enjoyed your coconut pralines, salted tortues and toffee! Thank you for your review. Warm Regards, Southern Candymakers.