“A MUST VISIT in NOLA!”

Ranked #3 of 64 Dessert in New Orleans
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: Southern Candymakers is a family-owned candy store in New Orleans' charming French Quarter. According to Bon Appetit Magazine, we have the best pralines...fresh and handmade daily!
Nauvoo, Alabama, United States
“A MUST VISIT in NOLA!”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Southern Candymakers is a must visit when you go to NOLA! We spend as much as a nice meal in this place on sweets and they are worth every penny! The pralines are top-notch, no matter what flavor you get, they are the best in the city! I have feel in love with their "love bites" which are salted caramels covered in chocolate, but find myself craving the salted caramel fudge! I would have it shipped to my door if it were available!!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank JoannaB24
socandy, Customer Service at Southern Candymakers, responded to this review, October 19, 2015
We're so happy you had a wonderful experience! Thank you for your review. Warm Regards, Southern Candymakers.

• Turkish first
Sacramento, California, USA
“Chocolate fix accomplished!”
Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

Having the need to complete my pallet after dinner in the French Quarter, I was on a mission to find some good chocolate. The Southern Candymakers made my day. The chocolate was rich, fresh, and delicious! I just wish it wasn't so pricey. 2 chocolate pieces + 2 praline pieces cost nearly $12.

We're so happy we took care of your "chocolate fix"! Thank you for your review. Warm Regards, Southern Candymakers.
Bogue Chitto,MS
“Yum yum!!”
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

The rum pralines are my favorite an yes u can taste d rum, they are so good they are a must try an they are not hard to find right across from Landrys Seafood! A must!!

We're delighted you enjoyed your rum pralines! Thank you for your review. Warm Regards, Southern Candymakers.
New Orleans, Louisiana
“The best candy in NOLA - avoid the tourist traps.”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This place is the real deal - they make amazing, fresh candy and pralines daily. Avoid the tourist trap 'Aunt Sally' nonsense and head to this gem in the French Quarter.

• Visited January 2012
Thank you for your review and your enthusiastic praise for our fresh candy! Warm Regards, Southern Candymakers.
Rochester, Minnesota, United States
“Unbelievably good!!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The smell inside the shop was utterly amazing! The most difficult part was deciding what to buy because EVERYTHING looked fabulous! The free samples of pralines made me decide I absolutely needed to buy some of those. They were absolutely decadent. I also bought some tortues (turtles) and fudge. I was very happy to see that they ship nationwide and you can order online ... will definitely be doing this. This is my new favorite candy store. One of my very favorite finds in New Orleans. Seriously a do not miss.

• Visited September 2012
We're happy you enjoyed your pralines, tortues and fudge! Thank you for your review. Warm Regards, Southern Candymakers.