“I'm in Heaven!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Southern Candymakers
Ranked #3 of 63 Dessert in New Orleans
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: Southern Candymakers is a family-owned candy store in New Orleans' charming French Quarter. According to Bon Appetit Magazine, we have the best pralines...fresh and handmade daily!
Cold Spring, Minnesota
“I'm in Heaven!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

Before I left for a business trip to New Orleans my children asked me to buy them some NOLA chocolate. After doing some research on Trip Advisor I settled on the Southern Candymakers. The location was convenient to the French Quarter. We were greeted by huge samples of their freshly made pralines - yum! On the first trip (yes, I HAD to go back) I purchased Tortues dipped in chocolate. Since I was bringing them home, they kindly shrinked wrapped them (it was a good thing, as I'm not sure they would have made it home!) I also had a freshly made lemon truffle -- FABULOUS! The staff was so friendly, even recommending a jewelry shop. On my second trip the staff remembered us. This time purchased their glazed pecans and dipped Oreos. A delightful shop!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
socandy, Customer Service at Southern Candymakers, responded to this review, October 19, 2015
We're glad our staff took care of you and that you enjoyed all of your fresh treats! Thank you for your review. Warm Regards, Southern Candymakers.

• Turkish first
Wynne, Arkansas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“delightful shop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

This small shop smelled so wonderful when we entered we didn't want to leave. The candy is so delicious! The staff here couldn't have been more friendly or helpful.

Visited September 2012
We're glad our staff took care of you and that you enjoyed your candy! Thank you for your review. Warm Regards, Southern Candymakers.
Jackson, Mississippi
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummmmm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

My boyfriend and I went in here and got ice cream. We got banana pudding ice cream, and it was the most delicious ice-cream I have ever had! Sooooo good!! There are little park benches outside near a fountain that you can sit on, so we went and sat on them. Pretty much everybody sitting on the benches had ice-cream. It was really pleasant. The staff at Southern Candymakers were really friendly too. They were smiling and talking to the customers. It was great.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
socandy, Customer Service at Southern Candymakers, responded to this review, October 20, 2015
We're glad our staff took care of you and that you enjoyed your ice cream! Thank you for your review. Warm Regards, Southern Candymakers.
New Orleans
“Best Pralines in the city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

I've been getting pralines from Southern Candymakers for over 10 years to send as gifts back home and to clients. Everyone raves about them. By far the best.

Visited December 2011
We're happy you, your family and your clients continue to enjoy our pralines! Thank you for your review. Warm Regards, Southern Candymakers.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Decent but not exceptional”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

I worked for an excellent local chocolatier in my home town and I know what good chocolate is :). This was good but not great. A lot of their chocolate dipped stuff just didn't have enough chocolate for you to get satisfaction out of it. Brittle should be just that not thick and hard enough to make you worry about breaking your teeth on. Turtles actually looked great and like real turtles but again not enough chocolate to balance the caramel. You can't really complain about candy but don't go expecting the best you've ever had. If you are having a craving for one piece of something sweet and you happen to be on this street, then stop in, otherwise, I wouldn't go out of your way.

• 3 of 5 bubbles