“Best Gelato in Town” 5 of 5 bubbles

Neighborhood: Garden District
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
“Best Gelato in Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

Great gelato with interesting local flavors that change seasonally. Particular favorites are creole cream cheese, creme brulee and (in the fall) fennel satsuma. The panini are good, too. I usually stop by the French Quarter location, but the one on Magazine is larger.

1 Thank trinitymills

Thunder Bay, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“a gem of a find for lunch one day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stumbled upon this place ,after I had spent much more time than I had intended to looking through all the interesting shops along Magazine st.It was about 2pm,and I was hot, exhuasted and starving.I ordered the Panini with the pancetta,parmesan cheese,and greens,a cappuccino,and the food was really really tasty,freshly made,and of good quality,and such a reasonable price.The cappucccino was perfect,Just like caps I've had in Paris or Nice or Sydney Australia(My home town).Anyway,I hadn't been going to have a gelato,but it looked so nice,and it was a warm day,and I was on holiday afterall ,and I can honestly say I was glad I did.It was simply the best Gelato I had ever tasted.I would definately reccommend this cafe to anyone.The young girl serving was very courteous,fast and efficcient.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Gen65
Anchorage, Alaska
“The low point of an otherwise fun day.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

So we thought we'd stop in for some gelato while walking around the French quarter. The guy at the counter couldn't greet us because he was too busy telling off another customer who dared to ask if they had a restroom. The gelato was okay, although apparently its a 10 dollar minimum for cards (we were at 7 at that point), so we started scrambling to see what else we could get to add it up, and the guy acts like we're ruining his whole day. I'm sorry dude, but the sign that gave the 10$ card minimum was hidden behind the giant tip jar. I wish we had just walked out without the (overpriced for the tiny scoop) ice cream, but we just got a slice of (microwaved) pizza to get to the total. We didn't get the pizza right away though, because the guy got a phone call and he felt the need to yell at the caller who was apparently trying to 'sell him something.' Maybe the sandwiches are good, but make sure you spend at least 10 dollars (sandwiches are all around 9.50$) and avoid eating there unless you want this guy to suck out your soul.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Beacon, New York
“Hands Down, Best Ice Cream I've EVER HAD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

I'm writing this review after having had just one small scoop of one flavor of ice cream from this place. Didn't have a sandwich, salad or pannino--no coffee or french toast. Just one perfect scoop of crème brûlée gelato. Incredibly delicious.
The service was curt, but it just didn't matter because the gelato was so good. The staff person could have beat me with a stick and I still would have been happy.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank drmobo
Natchez, Mississippi
“A great place for a quick lunch or snack”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

I had a sandwich and finished with a desert of Gelato. The lunch was served on china and the Gelato in a traditional bowl, which was a nice touch. Service was good; prices were on the high side – but still reasonable for what they served.

• 4 of 5 bubbles