“Excellent lunch and gelato”
Review of La Divina Gelateria - CLOSED

La Divina Gelateria
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Garden District
New York
“Excellent lunch and gelato”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very very good lunches here. I was craving something healthy, and had one of the best salads I've ever purchased out -- a huge plate of ultra fresh greens, with chicken, tomatoes, cucumbers, and pancetta in a citrus vinaigrette... I loved it so much I went back two days later for the same lunch. And reasonably priced for what it was -- that salad could easily have been a full dinner. Those two visits my friends both had paninis, which were excellent -- toasty, not greasy, very flavorful, not overly bready. The gelato is also excellent -- try the coconut lime! My one complaint was the very grim server -- she looked absolutely miserable to be there. But that wouldn't be enough to keep me away!

• Visited January 2013

Plymouth
“lunch=great!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stopped here because they had a sandwich board outside with items that sounded good, and we were really hungry. I had an AWESOME salad with arugula, bleu cheese, nuts, beets on it. I wish I had that salad around here! Hubbie got a muffaletta, which he enjoyed. Lots of gelatos to choose from (I had coconut lime - YUM!)

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Julie L
Biloxi, Mississippi
“Very nice gelato”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Stopped here for a snack while spending the afternoon in the Garden/Magazine area. Nice selection of uniquely flavored gelatos. I had a half-and-half of King Cake and Choc-Raspberry flavors. Very delicious and satisfying.

• Visited January 2013
Granbury, Texas
“Nice little lunch stop”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

While walking the streets of the Quarter my husband and I stumbled on this quaint restaurant with outside seating. Had a great variety of sandwiches and other delightful choices. My husband had a waffle (thinking why not? even thought it was 2 in the afternoon) and I enjoyed a grilled mozzarella cheese with pancetta and tomato. Yummy for both of us. Will definitely stop in again....

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Libbyb
Indiana
“There is much better close by”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Had lunch at La Divina recently. The signature beef sandwich, the sandwich was bad. I basically scraped off the meat and ate the bread. I've eaten here before, the tomato basil soup is fine, a little sweet for my taste, but it is very popular and certainly not bad. The gelato is good, I love the hot aztec chocolate, it is fantastic. Go for dessert, eat elsewhere on Magazine.

• Visited December 2012