“Wonderful spot for ice cream” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Creole Creamery

Creole Creamery
Ranked #2 of 63 Dessert in New Orleans
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Dallas, Texas
“Wonderful spot for ice cream”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2011

We took the St. Charles streetcar down to the Robert stop (after Napoleon) and it's a very short walk from the streetcar. I loved the atmosphere of this place. They love ice cream. I got the six scoop sampler. They had some pretty standard fare (variations of chocolate) and some really special stuff (strawberry jalapeno cream). I picked some thing at random that sounded good to me. Loved them all. Lavendar honey was different, but good. I would recommend this quick trip to this creamery as a nice family spot. Would definitely go back.

• Visited June 2011

new york, ny
“Get the mini scoops!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2010

The best thing about this place is the mini scoops! You can get a sampler of 4 or 6 different ice creams to try. My husband and I tried 8 different ice creams and they were all delicious. It was a fun stop!

1 Thank yohagopelo
Lima, Ohio
“How to make a good day a great one”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2010

By coming here for some of its delicious/creamy ice cream can turn a day that registers as a 6 (scale being 1- the lowest, 10 - the highest) can turn it into an 8.

Henderson, Nevada
“Fun place to stop for a yummy afternoon treat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2010

I luckily saw the Creole Creamery highlighted on a TV show just days before I was scheduled to be in New Orleans on a brief stop. Although I’m originally from New Orleans, this place popped up after I moved away. I jotted down the address and figured that if I was in the area I would give it a try.

We had had a late lunch and an afternoon at the children’s museum and decided that we needed a snack while waiting for dinner. This place fit the bill. As other reviews have mentioned the atmosphere is fun and crowded. The line never died down while we were there. The guy who makes the ice cream, who was saw featured on TV, was in the back mixing up some flavors.

We opted for a sampler so we could share and try a few different flavors. We didn’t get anything too exotic, but you could taste the difference even with relatively basic flavors. For example, we got the peppermint as one of our flavors. It tasted so fresh and “natural” not like the green mint ice cream you get at the grocery store. The word I would use to describe it is “pure.”

If you’re tooling around in the area, I would definitely suggest stopping in for a treat.

1 Thank Hendersongal
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Great homemade Ice Cream!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2010

A fantastic local place for ice cream. The staff is helpful and friendly and they let you try the different flavors before you decide.