“Dusty and uninformative”

New Orleans Historic Voodoo Museum
Ranked #100 of 352 things to do in New Orleans
More attraction details
Owner description: There's just enough voodoo lore here to introduce you to the history and culture of this spiritual practice and to tempt you to bring home a love potion or voodoo doll as a souvenir. Guided swamp, plantation and cemetery tours are available.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Dusty and uninformative”
Reviewed April 2, 2011

I feel somewhat nervous writing a negative review-- who knows what kind of bad voodoo this will bring me-- I didn't find the museum to be worth the entrance fee. It was dark and dusty, and the "exhibits" were well explained. However, the receptionist/ticket seller was nice, and the museum shop had some cool gris-gris for sale. Nonetheless, I was overall disappointed.

Visited March 2011

Mason City, Iowa
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Friendly staff, but not worth the entrance fee”
Reviewed March 17, 2011

It cost 5 bucks a person to look through 2 small rooms of artifacts--we weren't really sure what we were looking at--several altars. It would have been nice to have a 15 minute movie or something to view. On the upside of things, we talked to 2 very nice staffers. There's a small gift shop in the front. All in all, I would say you could pass on this "museum."

Visited March 2011
1 Thank Buckinator
Chicago, Illinois
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Small, but very interesting.”
Reviewed January 5, 2011

Okay, the admission is 5.00 - and that is all it's worth.

It's a working altar and the trinkets and things they have for display are very interesting. I have read other reviews where ppl. have commented on an unfriendly staff - I did not find that to be true. The lady working that day was very pleasant and very nice.

We were walking around- needed to kill some time and this was the perfect place. I'm glad we came there.

Visited December 2010
1 Thank Blythe1202
florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“New Orleans Historic Voodoo Museum.. Well worth it!!”
Reviewed December 19, 2010

My wife and I stopped in the Voodoo Musum, and it was everything and more a opened minded person could want. informative, exciteing and a touch of the macabre. The place is full of history and pageantry , one gets the feeling theres unseen forces at work with in the rooms of this museum. It was so cool we came back after dark and was pleasantly
surprised to meet the owner Rev. John who not only answered any and all our questions, but took the time to pray and bless us on our travels, Rev. John even told us where to go to find some of the hoodoo ingredients , that we had a hard time finding at other so called Voodoo shops. The few bucks you spend there you will never remember, what you see you will never forget!! Truly a must see in New Orleans..

3 Thank FloridaWiseguy
new orelans
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“horrible staff”
Reviewed December 12, 2010

the staff at this place look like they need a real chance in life it is a great place to see but the cranky staff is a bit to be desired .