“Historical Place in LA”

$37.00*
New Orleans Garden District Walking Tour: Mansions and Lafayette Cemetery
Ranked #27 of 376 things to do in New Orleans
More attraction details
Owner description: The burial site for many of the people who lived in the mansions of the surrounding Garden District.
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Just in front of the from the Command Palace restaurant is this cemetery. We returned our Groupon coupon as this cemetery was accessible and free. There are 'guides' there if you want an impromptu tour. Most of the cemeteries have limited hours in the mornings for the public,nice place full of histories

Write a ReviewReviews (2,205)

Reviewed July 14, 2014

If you have a chance to take a walk between rows of beautiful family tombs and monuments, do. It's just like something out of a movie. And this cemetery has literally been in many movies -- there's so much detail and meaning behind each piece that it's easy to lose yourself in this bit of history.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

I have never seen the tombs above ground until I visited New Orleans Louisiana. My cousin wanted to go visit Lafayette Cemetery and so we did. I took photos of my own, tombs decorated, different sizes and some broken, I was actually able to see bones through the broken bricks.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

A walk through was interesting and spooky. Amazing to see the above ground burials. Even the walls surrounding the cemetery are graves.

1  Thank Cynthia K
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

We wanted to go visit a cemetery while we were in New Orleans and picked this one based on its location in the Garden District. We wondered around for a while but didn't know anything about the history and there isn't any info available there. There is, however, tons of poison ivy & the grounds aren't kept very well. I wish we would have used a tour guide because I'm sure there is so much more to this place than what we got out of it.

1  Thank hmnichols