“Food, schmood...bring on St. Louis Slim!”
Review of Tricou House - CLOSED

Tricou House
More attraction details
Owner description: This New Orleans mainstay is located in a historic house and serves authentic Creole and Cajun food.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed January 18, 2004

My husband and I went to New Orleans for our honeymoon. We ate at the Tricou house once, and I have to agree with one of the other posters.
The food actually made us ill. I'm not sure if there was msg or what in it, but we both ended up sick. But, enough about the food! It was such a nonissue that we went there the next two nights because we had such a good time. We ended up going four out of seven nights in New Orleans to the Tricou House! The music there was fabulous and the service was the friendliest around. We actually ended up talking to Freak, the bartender, Leslie the security guy, and St. Louis Slim, the most fabulous blues artist we've heard in a long time, until about 5:00 a.m.
the first night we were there. I would definitely recommend a stop or four into the Tricou House. I can't wait to go back!

Towanda, PA
Reviewed January 18, 2004

Although I cannot speak of the food and service at Tricou House, I can tell you that my wife and I had more fun at the bar than at any other establishment on Bourbon St. We spent most of a Monday evening at the bar, getting seats in the corner near the band and dance floor. The band was excellent, and due to the smallness of the room, and the crowd on the evening of our visit, engaged in humorous discussions and music requests from the patrons. The most enjoyable experience of the evening came from the long-time bar tender who goes by the name "Freak". His personal service and conversations made my wife and I feel that we had known him for years. (Keep up the good work, Freak) Freak was a wealth of infomation regarding the French Quarter and he kept our glasses full with a twinkle in his eye. Overall, I would recommend Tricou House as a great party place!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sweden
Reviewed November 25, 2003

Nice people with a southern charm who made you cool down and realise you were on vacation.Good service from a staff with smile and a laogh close to their heart.Simpel and good food with a lokal touch.Ifthere are mosquityos inthe backyard I must tell the person which got attached that those are all over NO if you doubt read the history of the town.
But most of all for Trichou House best and all us people who visit and enjoy Dr Tricous old residens.Please dont go there so we will be able to enjoy the atmosphere. One thing is negativ THe restrooms that will go much for thisplace

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Gettysburg, PA
Reviewed October 19, 2003

More than once (in fact many times) I've come to 711 Bourbon for lunch, then stayed on for the music, had dinner there, stayed on for the dancing, and then ate breakfast before I staggered out in the wee hours.

The food's best when you don't go in peak seasons...if you go during Mardi Gras expect to wait, but it's not that bad if you're seated on the balcony where you can pass the time watching Bourbon Street go by.

The Gumbo is the best on Bourbon Street, and their Cole Slaw is the best in the world. I usually go for the "All You Can Eats" along with an appetizer, because that's the best buy and leaves you more money for Hurricanes and Crushers. The Po-Boys are excellent, something to write home about.

A visit to this establishment is like visiting 3 or 4 places at the same time. The bar in front is just like a regular French Quarter bar, usually with live music. Dining in the adjecent Courtyard will take you way back in time. Then, upstairs is a Mardi Gras style dance club with Rock-n-Roll & modern sounds, then, of course, there's the Balcony, one of the finest in all the French Quarter.

All in all, dining at Tricou is about a lot more than having a meal, and the meal is a good one, at that!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
See more reviews
Reviewed August 24, 2003

Don't eat here. Don't be fooled by the attractive hostess in antebellum dress. The courtyard is a mosquito nest, the service is atrocious, and the food is just bad. I had the Shrimp Sampler: the creole/etouffe tasted like straight butter, the seafood gumbo had no seafood. My wife ordered a fillet mignon medium, but it was charred black. 20 minutes after requesting a coke refill, my wife brought her empty (plastic) cup to the front where the waiter was casually gabbing on a stool. The whole ordeal lasted almost 2 hours.

6  Thank Travis R