“Haunted Cemetery Tour”

$25.00*
Cemetery and French Quarter Walking Tour
Ranked #24 of 371 things to do in New Orleans
More attraction details
Owner description: Founded in 1789, this cemetery is the oldest in New Orleans and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We met outside the VooDoo Shop in the French Qtr and walked to St Louis Cemetery for a tour with a unique lady, with a unique sense of humor. Unfortunately, I've forgotten her name. What I do remember is that she has been doing the tour for 10 years and once was locked in the cemetery on Memorial Day with her group. A funny story.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Wow this place is surreal. It's a very interesting cemetery steeped in history. Great photo opportunities. I highly recommend taking a guided tour. The cemetery is relatively small but holds many secrets that a well versed tour guide can help you unlock!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I did a two hour tour with my girlfriend. Was kinda bored after 15 minutes. So yeah, there were a bunch of characters interred there, a couple of ok stories, some interesting style and architecture factoids, and a voodoo priest whose vault is as ubiquitous as kilroy. But when Nichols Cage has built a crypt there, that's probably the best indication that a cemetary has jumped the shark. I think it would be easier and quicker to print a list of famous folk there, do a wikipedia search on them, then spend your tourist time doing cooler stuff.

Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Our hotel concierge did list this as one of the places "not to get caught after dark," so I was ecstatic when our carriage ride stopped here for a tour. I need cemetery pictures for a class I am taking in college and I wanted to get some here. There were so many people and tours during the day and I'm fairly certain tours come at night, so I'm not sure if the concierge's warning is warranted, but I will say that attending with a guide helps by pointing out the other significant graves aside from Ms. Laveau's.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I am not a cemetary goer per se......however the awesome front desk guy Jimmy at Embassy Suites convinced me to go the cemetary and this one in particular. It is the oldest cemetary in the area and Marie La Veau's Tomb is there. It is proper to leave an offering for Ms., La Veau if you visit. We left a bottle of captain morgans rum, one of her favorites. The cemetary has lots to see and many interesting vaults. This is a must see also and just outside of french quarter, very easy to access on foot. Lots of carriage rides take tours to this cemetary as well.

1  Thank jaime t