“Beautiful!” 5 of 5 stars

and up
One Hour Saint Louis Cemetery Number One Walking Tour
Ranked #25 of 320 things to do in New Orleans
More attraction details
Owner description: Founded in 1789, this cemetery is the oldest in New Orleans and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Enid, Oklahoma
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Beautiful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Wow this place is surreal. It's a very interesting cemetery steeped in history. Great photo opportunities. I highly recommend taking a guided tour. The cemetery is relatively small but holds many secrets that a well versed tour guide can help you unlock!

Visited February 2013

• Korean first
Nashville, Tennessee
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Getting up close not that revelatory”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I did a two hour tour with my girlfriend. Was kinda bored after 15 minutes. So yeah, there were a bunch of characters interred there, a couple of ok stories, some interesting style and architecture factoids, and a voodoo priest whose vault is as ubiquitous as kilroy. But when Nichols Cage has built a crypt there, that's probably the best indication that a cemetary has jumped the shark. I think it would be easier and quicker to print a list of famous folk there, do a wikipedia search on them, then spend your tourist time doing cooler stuff.

Visited January 2013
Bentonville, Arkansas
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Beautiful, interesting history”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Our hotel concierge did list this as one of the places "not to get caught after dark," so I was ecstatic when our carriage ride stopped here for a tour. I need cemetery pictures for a class I am taking in college and I wanted to get some here. There were so many people and tours during the day and I'm fairly certain tours come at night, so I'm not sure if the concierge's warning is warranted, but I will say that attending with a guide helps by pointing out the other significant graves aside from Ms. Laveau's.

pinole
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“This is the ONE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I am not a cemetary goer per se......however the awesome front desk guy Jimmy at Embassy Suites convinced me to go the cemetary and this one in particular. It is the oldest cemetary in the area and Marie La Veau's Tomb is there. It is proper to leave an offering for Ms., La Veau if you visit. We left a bottle of captain morgans rum, one of her favorites. The cemetary has lots to see and many interesting vaults. This is a must see also and just outside of french quarter, very easy to access on foot. Lots of carriage rides take tours to this cemetary as well.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank jaime t
Fort Worth, TX
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great, just make sure you bring sunscreen!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We took a walking tour here as a family, something to kill time before my wedding. It was a lot of fun. The cemetery is really interesting, and full of wonderful history. That said, there is not one little bit of shade, so make sure that you've got your sunscreen on! We had several burnt members of the bridal party! lol

Visited February 2012