Lucy's Retired Surfers Bar & Restaurant
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Lucy's brings the spirit of the ocean to the concrete of the city with a full-service bar, tasty menus and a private room for all of your special events needs.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Had the fish tacos and they were great. The atmosphere was relaxed and service at the bar was perfect. Will definitely go again when in town.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We were so glad to find Lucy's because we were on day 4 in the city and getting pretty tired of cajun food. This place was packed and the staff was so so busy but they were absolutely great.
Get the salsa. Seriously. They make it every day or two so the first time we ate there it was perfect, the second time was another batch and it was still really good but definitely not that perfect batch again
I had the mahi mahi tacos, twice, which were fantastic both times. The fish was seasoned perfectly, the sauce was great, mix in some of the black beans, rice, and salsa - amazing.
Their mixed drinks are strong so be prepared - put down a layer or something.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

After reviewing comments on Lucy's (and ignoring this place in the past) we decided on lunch here today. So happy we did! I had a pulled pork taco and a shrimp taco served with black beans and rice. It was all good, the black beans the best I've ever had. We will eat here again, no doubt. Fun atmosphere, nice people, even the manager was very informative about their food/menu items.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

This restaurant surprised me. Great food, wings cooked perfectly with a great tasting sauce, and the burger was awesome! The Sangria I had was not good, but the margarita made up for it. Try it you will like it.

Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

I know this is not the type of food most people want when in New Orleans, but you gotta try it. The atmosphere is great. It kinda reminds me of a couple of places I've been to in the Caribbean. This is a great casual meal place with very few tourists. The day we went, we all got one of the lunch specials. The taco salad was really good and the double crunch pork tacos were quite possibly the best tacos I've ever had. No kidding!