“Couldn't wait to get back!”

Lucy's Retired Surfers Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #129 of 1,947 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Lucy's brings the spirit of the ocean to the concrete of the city with a full-service bar, tasty menus and a private room for all of your special events needs.
Alabaster, Alabama
“Couldn't wait to get back!”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My husband and I ate here 5 years ago on our honeymoon. They had a ceviche there that was FANTASTIC! So we could not wait to go back on this trip and try it again. Sadly, it wasn’t on the menu. Seems they had changed the menu. What we got was still good. They had lots of light salads on the menu. Was just really looking forward to that ceviche. Maggie our server was spectacular!

• Visited July 2013

Austin, Texas
“Nice place for a drink”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Had dinner and drinks the last night I was in town and really enjoyed myself. It was directly across from my hotel so I had a nice strong drink. And it came with a giant plastic whale in it which my dog really enjoyed. The food was good, the service was great, the drinks were strong and they played several Beatles songs while I was there. It really doesn't get much better than that.

• Visited May 2013
Gloucester City, New Jersey
“Red Beans and Rice”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My daughter took me to lunch here as it was the closest place to her office. It was quite a dive bar but I got the red beans and rice and was thrilled with it. When my wife and I went to NOLA in April, I offered to take my daughter to lunch on Monday and suggested we go here so I could get the RB&R again. If your in the Wearhouse District on Monday, stop in and get a dish (for some reason NOLA restaurants only serve red beans and rice on Mondays).

• Visited April 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“How Fun!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

There were 6 of us. 2 women, 2 men, 1 child; each found a great meal and we had a blast. The photographs are all over Facebook.
It was so refreshing to find a friendly restaurant/family bar so near the French Quarter, but refined enough to allow a sweet, young boy to still feel comfortable.
I loved it. Cute, cute restaurant. Reasonable prices. Easy in and out. How does it get better than than?

• Visited June 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“So- so”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The appetizers were good - catfish chips and "salsa". Easy, breezy place to hang out if you want to sit and drink. Service outside was pretty bad.

Visited June 2013