“Good food, BAD SERVICE...”
Review of Howlin' Wolf

Howlin' Wolf
Ranked #72 of 240 Nightlife in New Orleans
More attraction details
Owner description: Voted the "best rock club in New Orleans," this is a high-velocity nightspot with live music from the worlds of rock, funk, blues and alternative.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've experienced everything in customer service in New Orleans but this restaurant takes the cake with BAD SERVICE!

The female who took our order was pretty nice but after asking for an itemized receipt, I was told that they do not have them and would not write one out and then walked off on by te bartender. I asked him to come back and help me out, he slammed his receipt book on the table and finally wrote one out.

Needless to say, I will NOT visit this place again when in New Orleans.

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Near the convention center but worth a trip if you are not close. I had the fish tacos which were excellent. All food is made to order so it might take 20 minutes to get the food but it is well worth the wait. The fish tacos came with freshly made tortilla chips . Wide selection of beer. Gator sausages, jambalaya and crawfish pie were a big hit. Bar like atmosphere, so it is fun and casual. And the best most items were under $10

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stopped in at lunch just for a place to sit and a soda. Very nice. Bartender answered some questions about the area. Will go back. I like friendly places.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Great place to see a show. Lot's of great acts and ticket price is reasonable. You are allowed to leave and re-enter as needed, and the sound inside is great. I plan to visit any time I'm in New Orleans.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Had a great time at the Howlin Wolf. Not really a bad view from anywhere in the place. Wait staff is friendly and attentive even though the place was packed with people for the New Orleans Suspects Benefit Concert. Which by the way, if you ever get the chance to see the New Orleans Suspects, go. You will be SO happy you did.
The drinks were reasonable on price and had a good amount of alcohol. I would have went another night but the show I was going to go to was cancelled. Which leads me to my only complaint. They did not do a good job of letting concert goers know that the show was cancelled. Their website did not reflect the cancellation. Still a great venue though. Will go again.