Open today: 11:30 AM - 10:00 PM

from $130.00
from $31.00
from $30.00
More Info
All reviews gospel brunch voodoo shrimp unlimited mimosas foundation room cornbread live music music was great jambalaya french quarter hob band stage concert burlesque nola acts performance
Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Awesome food, great service! Voodoo shrimp and Rock Me Hurricanes are the best, lots of live music with no cover!

Reviewed 2 days ago

My husband and I make a couple of trips per year to New Orleans, and hope that one day we won't have to leave again. The House of Blues was always one of our stops for a great burlesque show. Sadly, this will no longer be the case, as the producer of the Bad Girls of Burlesque, Bustout Burlesque, and the New Orleans Burlesque Fest forced a performer to include a Confederate flag in their act over the objections of multiple performers involved in the show on 11/16/18.

If the House of Blues decides to sever ties with Rick Delaup, they should really consider hiring one of the much more talented female producers in the area. And then we'll consider returning.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

When we made plans to eat at the house of blues we thought it would be dinner and music. When we arrived and checked in for our reservation we were told the music was out back in the courtyard not in the dining area however they said we could eat out there. We decided to go to the Courtyard bar area and get a table but were told by the bartenders we would have to come up to the bar and order our food ourselves we would not be waited on. However we saw other tables been served in the same area. The food ended up being a disappointment and also the advertised entertainment for the night was not who was playing after all. The hostess never mentioned that when I was talking to her. I would not recommend this restaurant based on what it appears to be online. Go someplace else for dinner and stick to House of Blues for drinking.

Isabella Q, Guest Relations Manager at House Of Blues, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to let us know about your experience at House of Blues New Orleans. Feedback such as yours has been vital to our success over the past 24 years, and we truly welcome any opportunity to improve. We take all feedback very seriously, and I absolutely appreciate your detailed notes and will act upon the great feedback. Are you local to New Orleans by any chance, our Restaurant Director, Josh Jennings, would love the opportunity to invite you back in as his personal guest.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A couple of housekeeping items first: You gotta buy your tickets online for the 10 am Sunday gospel brunch, and you can get partially validated parking at the Shops at Canal Place public parking deck around the corner (you scan your parking slip on your way out the door). The food and mimosas are included in the price of the tickets. Supposedly the doors open at 9:30 am and you can get there for a pre-show show, but we didn’t get there early enough to find out.

The music was great with an uplifting message for these times. The drummer was fantastic, and he was only 8 years-old! Seating was awkward for our back corner long table that was turned so that everyone on the inner side had to turn their chairs toward the stage. The food was great and mostly safe for one of our members with nut allergies who was told to avoid the salad and the bread pudding. The line for the omelet station upstairs got long quickly, so get there early or wait until it gets shorter during the performance. The mimosas didn’t flow quite as freely as I had hoped, and they were mostly juice. We had to ask to get refills. Overall though, it was a great time. It’s definitely worth doing at least once.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I am a live music fan who has traveled the world to see show. Most of my experience has been good. Unfortunately at my last time at House of Blues I was not let into a show due to having a half undrunk soda at the bottom of my purse in a screw top bottle. I had been on a road trip for two days of course I had a tiny bit of trash in my purse. House of Blues would give me no refund for their VERY expensive ticket. I did not see any of the music show. Sorry to see House of Blues has become so pathetic over the years, and no longer serves its fans.

1  Thank Andrea M
Isabella Q, Guest Relations Manager at House Of Blues, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Andrea, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about your experience. We regret that it didn't live up to your expectations. Regarding your soda, our venue has a strict "No Outside Liquids" policy but if proper disposal would have taken place then entry should have been accepted. We would like to address this further with our staff. Could you please give us more information about the incident? Do you have a description of what they looked like or a name? As far as the refund goes, that was a Rental and we did not sell the tickets through House of Blues, therefore are not able to grant refunds. We suggest you contact your Point of Sale to inquire about the refund. Thank you and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Really good food, super music and terrific service. If you are looking for a musical blues dinner this is the real place without a doubt.

1  Thank 373jeana
Isabella Q, Guest Relations Manager at House Of Blues, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Jean, thank you so much for the 5 star review!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We spent a very good time here in the House of Blues. The staff is professional and friendly; there is a warm atmosphere, the food is good and the music is simply fantastic!
I really recommand this place if you’re visiting New Orleans and if you love Blues music.

Hi there, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We truly appreciate your feedback and your business. We will share your kind words with the culinary staff and team. Please come back and see us soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We dined at The Foundation Room prior to the show and were offered tickets! We upgraded to get a better seat--glad we did! The Emcee was fab--very funny and had some great magician skills to boot. The show was a mix of magic, tricks and of course, girls. Great blend and the burlesque portions were amazing, girls really know how to draw in the crowd! Highly recommend!

Reviewed October 14, 2018

This show was absolutely amazing!! There were about 5 performers who absolutely stole the show. The atmosphere and location of this place was ideal for this event. staff was professional and service was excellent. The host of the show kept the audiance engaged and hungry for more. We sat in the VIP section which was at the front of the state, however the set up was not the best for throwing tips to the performers. Overall this is a must see and definitely worth the money!

1  Thank Samantha D
Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

Sierra our waitress was great! Best waitresses I've ever had. Food was delicious. My husband and I both had the Juicy Lucy burger. Delicious.