“Sunday brunch/ feast”
Review of House Of Blues

House Of Blues
Reviewed October 26, 2012

So happy we did this. On arrival I got a small plate of fruit and yoghurt, and then realized the enormous buffet went on and on and on. There was a short order chef for eggs, but platters overflowing with shrimp, grits, cheesy grits, rice, noodles, pancakes, oh my oh my....luckily the waitresses kept running around and refilling our mimosas as we could hardly walk after that food. Plentiful to say the least. Gospel singers were good. What a great way to wind up our New Orleans adventure.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I was not impressed. The only bar area open was outside on a patio with small tables and uncomfortable chairs. The so called blues band was lousy, as was the singer. The only good part of our visit there was that there was a Magician walking among the tables doing tricks. He was great.

This location does not compare to the one in Hollywood, Ca.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

The House of Blues Gospel Brunch is an absolute must see while in New Orleans. We bought tickets Sunday morning and we had a short wait in line. An attendant escorted us to balcony seats on the second floor. While we were in the brunch line, he came back to tell us he had moved us to better seats where we were all seated together. The House served a traditional Southern brunch with a huge variety of breakfast and lunch entrees and desserts. The acoustics were not very good but the enthusiasm of the performers more than compensated for that. We had previously attended the House of Blues in Los Angeles and this was every bit as good. The servers were very polite and helpful. They cleared away the plates promptly and offered refills on beverages. You should note that the House of Blues Gospel Brunch and the regular evening dinner is not the same venue. Our family thoroughly enjoyed the brunch and we thought it was well worth the cost.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

For the record, the Saints won the Sunday we were there because we sent them a wind from the House of Blues Gospel Brunch.

This was just a fabulous way to start our Sunday. The food was good and plentiful with lots of choice. The music was fantastic and inspirational - our only regret was that it was too short. But then we could have listened all day.

Definitely a must-do!

Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

It has been at least 10 years since I visited New Orleans.One of my favorite places to eat was the House of Blues.My return visit did not disappoint.I love the atmosphere, it is very interesting to look at all the different artists.The food is great.I highly recommend the garlic mashed potatoes.Very friendly service.