“So This is Gambling”

Harrah's Casino New Orleans
Ranked #40 of 364 things to do in New Orleans
More attraction details
Owner description: This casino offers 120 gaming tables, 3,000 slot machines, a buffet restaurant and a 140-seat lounge with live music.
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“So This is Gambling”
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

This was my very first trip EVER to casino and I was not impressed. First of all I went early Saturday morning as I was told this was the best time to go (supposedly machines are not emptied from Friday night so they are filled with possible winnings until Sunday). Well, I think the most I won was 5 bucks and the buffet which I did not participate in was $16 (hence my non-participation)! I really don't get gambling so thus just really wasn't my cup of tea. Maybe those who have experienced a casino or two will have a better time but if you're planning a trip to go to your first casino, save it for Vegas.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Fun place to stop”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Where can you go and see a beautifully decorated casino and gamble on penny machines and win. Only in New Orleans!!!

San Antonio, Texas, Usa
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Comps are the worst I've seen in the US”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Gambled for over 3 hours at the craps table tipping with bets VERY generously Pit Boss even complimented me since I was bring in a good vibe to the table by getting the dealers in on nearly all my bets. Not counting lost bets I tipped the dealers over $500...I walked away a winner but at any other casino in the world I would have gotten more then $7 in comps. Yup $7 off my buffet...now I know why no one was tipping the dealers and the casino was mostly empty. I liked the dealers they were good people but when I get just as much comps as a drunk giving them a hard time...well I won't be back anytime soon. //Dealers...if you are reading this, I was the guy in the Derby day after Thanksgiving and you all were amazing, this is nothing against you//

3 Thank joejoemay
New Orleans, Louisiana
261 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 292 helpful votes
“Nice Upscale Vegas Style casino”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

If you have been to many casinos in Louisiana, you know that most of them in this state are very seedy and lousy. But this one is very different. It's a vegas style casino and pretty much has everything to offer including a buffet, nice hotel, and tons of slots and table games. Masquerade, the night club is pretty nice too and they usually have famous guest DJ's most weekends. Don't waste your time with some of the other places. This place is your best bet and its right at the foot of the french quarter and walking distance to everything.

2 Thank RahulMD
Dallas
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 265 helpful votes
“Where Have The Wheel of Fortune Machines Gone?”
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

My hubby and I stopped in to play the machines instead of the gaming tables. We were so disappointed in the selection of slot machines! The ONLY Wheel of Fortune machines (our go to slot) were in the high stakes area. They are $25 per pull, HOWEVER you cannot just put $25-50 in at a time. It $100 bill minimum. I tried to out $100 of vouchers and the machine would not take. This was confirmed with the attendant. Crazy but true.

4 Thank JoInTexas