“Very comfortable casino experience”

Harrah's Casino New Orleans
Ranked #42 of 379 things to do in New Orleans
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: This casino offers 120 gaming tables, 3,000 slot machines, a buffet restaurant and a 140-seat lounge with live music.
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Harrah's New Orleans casino is one of my favorite casino's to visit. It's a comfortable casino that very convenient to the French Quarter and any hotel in the downtown NOLA. To me, it feels a lot like the Golden Nugget in Las Vegas - which I like a lot as well.

I'm almost exclusively a craps player, so I can't comment on any of the other table games, but the staff on the craps tables are friendly, they are pretty good natured dealing with the crazies that come into the casino from the Quarter.

Last few times, tables have been $15 minimum tables, so a bit higher than I usually like, but doable. They allow, I think, 5X odds on those tables. They also have a couple of "no craps" or "craps free" tables, but I don't play those.

On slots, the have all the levels -- from penny slots all the way to the high roller slots. They have electronic/digital slots and old-fashioned mechanical slots (which I prefer)

As for food -- they have a Fuddruckers, a McAlisters Deli, and an Acme Oyster House, as well as a buffet. I've only done the Acme, which I did this past trip, and while the service was REALLY slow, the food was good (Shrimp Po-boy, that was heavy due to all the shrimp on it.)

1  Thank bamarockmtn
Write a ReviewReviews (3,224)

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We went for an hour when we arrived in New Orleans and that was enough for us - the only positive thing is you can order a drink at the machine and it gets there fairly quick.....

1  Thank Delaine G
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I didn't notice any smoke smell although many were smoking. Instead of having to wait for a cocktail waitress to come by the slots, there was a place on the machine to place your order.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I walked in, saying I was going to blow $5 on penny slots just to get off my feet for a minute and see what the inside of a New Orleans casino looks like. Well, with two pushes of the button, I turned it into $39 and quit while I was ahead. It looks like a nice place...but it looks like every other casino in the world...you're in New Orleans. Go outside.

1  Thank Joshshea
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The environment is par to Las Vegas, there is a Starbucks there and it is a large venue. My friend didn't like the 8 deck Blackjack and didn't do well, but I found the slots to be typical if not a bit looser than Vegas.
Is well-located by the river front and business area - nice to walk around the riverfront.