“Fun Place To Play & Stay”

Harrah's Casino New Orleans
Ranked #42 of 378 things to do in New Orleans
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: This casino offers 120 gaming tables, 3,000 slot machines, a buffet restaurant and a 140-seat lounge with live music.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I just finished a Labor Day extended weekend in New Orleans. It was our first trip to NOLA for each of us. With the weather as hot, humid & sticky as it was, the casino was our "home" for the trip. Sure, we did a few sight-seeing things (ie. Bourbon St, French Quarter, etc) but the casino was it for us! The casino floor was always hopping (which also meant some of the popular slots were occupied and table limits were $10/$15 instead of a more realistic $5/$10. You MUST go hang out with Billy Ray the bartender at the Pirate's Cove video poker bar (next to the food court of Fuddruckers, Starbucks & McAllister's Deli), he was a blast!

We had dinner at Ruth's Chris steakhouse (always a sure bet)! We were comped free beverages at both the VP bar, slots and table games. The poker room was a good size, although they sure do pack the players in there! Harrah's NO has it's own hotel plus 3-4 other hotels associated with them. We stayed at the Sheraton at a HUGELY discounted rate. It couldn't have been more than a 6 minute walk from hotel door to casino door. Our luck was GREAT the first night, but terrible teh next two nights. We didn't care, we drank our faces off and re-cooped more of our money that way. Even got two comped buffets, just for the asking.

We come back to Harrah's New Orleans again, especially if we could get our room comped at the hotel's casino. Well worth a trip!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,214)

Reviewed August 29, 2013

So there is no point in joining the club as they don't give you any money. I actually quite enjoyed the one armed bandits. I invested $1 in the penny machines and cashed out with $1.22 and a free beer - admittedly with a nice tip for the waitress. So ignoring the tip overhead I came away with a 22% ROI which is not bad by Wall St standards for half an hour of work. My wife is the big spending type and lost all the $2 she was generously allocated by me. But she did get a free marguerita to drink. It was awful, and she made me drink it up as her revenge for only getting to lose 2 bucks. These places are full of people who are much poorer than you are and they spend what little they have there. That's my strong observation anyway.

1  Thank PeterPakChong
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The Casino was beautiful and everyone was very nice. The only thing that bothered me was at the Pai Gow table when we first showed up, the dealer and another Man spoke in a foreign language which they are not supposed to do. Once we got situated, they spoke English and it was very enjoyable. Would definitely go back!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

It's cool inside. I'll say that, but nothing special. The usual...a couple of winners and a lot of losers, but I feel that it's run very well. It's also fun to spend a hour or so taking a chance on the slots.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

The casino has a nice variety of slot machines and card games. The Fudruckers produces fast and delicious hamburgers. The buffett was a great value for the amount of good food they put out. They have a club that is open on saturdays.There are also high end shops. I went there four times during my stay and I had a lof of fun. The table dealers are very friendly.