“great time”

The National WWII Museum Ticket New Orleans
Ranked #1 of 380 things to do in New Orleans
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The National WWII Museum is the top-rated tourist destination in New Orleans, TripAdvisor's #2 museum in the world and #2 in the U.S., and an unforgettable way to experience World War II—from industrial efforts on the home front to the combat experience of the American servicemember abroad. Offering a compelling blend of sweeping narrative and poignant personal detail, the Museum features immersive exhibits, multimedia experiences, and an expansive collection of artifacts and first-person oral histories to take visitors inside the story of the war: why it was fought, how it was won, and what it means today. Beyond the galleries, the Museum offers unique access to experiential history, including an opportunity to tour and even ride on an authentically restored PT-boat, tours behind the scenes to handle artifacts alongside Museum curators, and an impressive collection of restored and working macro-artifacts to discover. The Museum is open daily, 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. nationalww2museum.org
Reviewed June 29, 2013

This is a must-see for people interested in military history. I have been 6-7 times and there is always something new.

Write a ReviewReviews (22,155)

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We started off our trip in New Orleans with a day long visit to the National WWII museum. We spent the ENTIRE day there and still didn't get to see everything we wanted. I missed the ENTIRE aviation exhibit because we ran out of time. I can't wait for a return trip!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I am not a huge fan of museums due to my pitiful attention span, but I was truly captivated by the WW 11 museum. The D-Day exhibit alone was worth the entry fee. I would like to go back and see the exhibits I missed.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Visiting is a must. Excellent exhibits about WWII that are both fun the visit and also provide an opportunity to learn about a critical era in our history. The facilities are still evolving, and I hope that they will continue to develop the msuem.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I'm a baby boomer, so did not remember WW II except in movies and documentaries. But what a series of wars! I would have been horrified waiting to attack the beaches of Normandy. I plan to visit the sites in Normandy one day. I did not tour the Eastern War side of the museum, because you can only absorb so much at one time. Certainly, this is a great museum. I listened to the stories of the men, and their fears. I don't recall much on the sacrifices and work of the women back at home, nor the women in the war. Would have been nice to have a bit about that. We live in such a privileged generation, it is difficult to imagine the horrors suffered by this generation. One of my uncles was a prisoner of war under the Germans, but I don't know much else. I guess these guys don't talk much. Enjoyed the movie hosted by Tom Hanks.