Open today: 9:00 AM - 3:00 AM

from $130.00
from $31.00
from $29.25
More Info
All reviews sugar cubes black licorice bourbon street ramos fizz football memorabilia oldest bar french quarter bartender dive anise jukebox bars nola jean pirates hurricane
Reviewed 4 days ago

If you want to visit a small bar that reminds you of a very popular dive, be sure to visit here. Of course, if you want to try an absinthe concoction, have plenty of $$ ready. Fortunately, there are plenty of other alcoholic drinks. It is well worth a visit (as attested to by the endless business, etc cards attached to the walls, etc.).

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

What can I say New Orleans is beautiful and I’m sure at this bar just like many other bar on bourbon street that you have to deal with the drunk! But we came here for the well known drink of absinthe not the rude employee. we had a long journey around town since A.M. and walk here late night and we all needed to use the bathroom but when I personally try to ask an employee for the restroom he said that I have to buy a drink after I made myself clear that we are buying drinks at the bar as we speak but I need to use the restroom and this employee was blocking the way to the bathroom with an attitude. Seriously is this how you tread your patrons spending money at your bar. Where is the hospitality? Is definitely a great place for cocktails with absinthe but the staff needs to be more appreciable with a positive energy.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Went on the last day of a business trip at 11am to get our absinthe haha...and the place was pretty busy. Friendly bartender and good absinthe. Place is a little grungy but its Bourbon St.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Just a dark, dingy bar with overpriced drinks. However if you or somebody near you orders one of the absinthe drinks...that makes it totally worth the visit. I had a vodka soda and my husband had a beer...luckily for me a young man ordered one of the absinthe drinks next to me...what an experience to watch the server make it. Fire, sugar cube a spoon...it was fascinating. These cocktails are like 120 proof...and it was like noon...but more power to the young man! I appreciated the show. I think these drinks are around $20-25.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This place is a must see when visiting New Orleans. Make sure to bring your business card to put up on thewall. Many a great artists and not so famous, and many Jack from the black has had a drink there. The bar has a agreat athmosphere and the drinks are good!

Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

Came here with my wife one night, lackluster service but figured it may be an anomaly so tried the next night and service was worse. Unfortunate, as sounds like others got great service. Tried absinthe for the first time and paying over $20 for the drink you would think the bartender would say something...nope, very impersonal which was off putting. Also, found it odd as some spots on Duval street in Key West for example have dollar bills and bras, etc. plastered on the ceilings and walls, this place had business cards. I wanted to like this dive but would not return.

Reviewed October 1, 2018

Came here on a Thursday mid-afternoon and had an amazing experience. The bartender was very knowledgeable on all the different absinthe drinks and asked about my personal anise taste preference. She suggested one that would match and began the experience I came here for.
All the doors were open and there was a breeze coming through so she used a menu to block the wind so I could get some great video of the sugar cube flaming. Absolutely delicious!
I tried coming back on Friday late afternoon but it was way too packed to get a drink.

Reviewed September 20, 2018

We stopped by one night during our trip to see the bartender yelling at another patron. The place seemed chaotic so we left without ordering. Stopped by a second time when we had 20 minutes to kill before dinner reservations and had the sweetest, most knowledgeable bartender. Service makes a huge difference in a dirty dive bar. The atmosphere alone won't keep you there. I really enjoyed the absinthe.

1  Thank akross1
Reviewed September 10, 2018

This is the reason you go to NOLA. For the unique and the historic. The staff is great. Bartender are very knowledgeable in the Absinthe selections. The security staff was so friendly , professional and caring about about the guest experience. They keep a tight watch and safely allow all to enjoy. The juke box is its own legend. Be sure to stop in and enjoy this treasure. It's a small venue not a loud and roudy place.. a just right size place.. Alway a pleasure to visit.. No Kiddos It's a bar..

Reviewed September 9, 2018

We walked in to a stand up bar, then moved to the back. You should watch out for a huge step up into a candlelit room that does remind you of early colonial times. There were a couple of empty tables, mostly because all the young crowd was at the other end blocking al, but a dull roar from the dueling piano- players and their music. The waitress, who appeared to be 15, never even mentioned the absinthe drinks I read about on here or gave us a menu. The purple Voodoo daiquiri one lady in our group got tasted like a grape popsicle, but quickly became terrible. When one man in our group came back from the bathroom, he told us it was time to leave- he had waited for 30 minutes, only to find there is only one working bathroom, so men and women were in there together, and it smelled vile. By that time, the rest of us had headaches from being caught in the crossfire of the piano group and the bar group who were screaming to be heard over what was basically juke box music.