Tripadvisor

More Info
from $153.70
More Info
7,205 results
All reviews jambalaya demonstration class chef brandon bread pudding and pralines great class bananas foster abita beer artichoke soup learned how history lesson learning how iced tea learn how red beans and rice fun experience highlight of our trip lots of fun
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This experience was a wonderful surprise. The cooking school is very well laid out and the equipment and class accessories are top shelf. Nothing however can beat the knowledge, attitude and clever wit of Chef Sarah. Class would not have been the same without her strongly recommend

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We highly recommend New Orleans School of Cooking. We did the demonstration with Mrs. Pat, and I could have listened to her all day. We signed up on a whim, and the experience was way more than I even expected it to be. There was history, there was food, there was drama, there was humor, there was more food, and LOTS OF LAUGHS! If we come back to New Orleans, we'll definitely be coming back for another round.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My friend and I did the Group Cooking Class which was so much fun! You are called into the class in the order you register - so no need to arrive 30 minutes early to get a seat! Speaking of seats - there is really not a bad seat anywhere! It was really fun to here the history behind the cooking and the different variations of how the foods were made. Hands down - one the THE BEST experiences I am taking back home with me!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My 19 yo son and I did the Hands On Cooking Class with Chef Matt. Everything about the experience was excellent. Matt was personable and engaging. He gave us a bit of the history of New Orleans cuisine and told us about the techniques we'd be using to prepare the recipes. All the ingredients were prepared for us and we did all the cooking ourselves, at Matt's direction. We were in a group of 10 people total and everyone seemed to have a great time. The food we prepared was so good. We made duck and andouille gumbo, shrimp and tasso maque choux, bread pudding and pralines. This was the last of three nights in New Orleans and we had had excellent meals at well known restaurants each of the two nights before and I am not kidding when I say this was the best meal of our trip! I was initially a little hesitant to spend the money on this cooking class because I thought it was a bit expensive, but this was a highlight of our trip and worth every penny. If this is something you have any interest in doing, I would recommend it without hesitation. I'd definitely do it again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I brought my 10 year old daughter for her birthday and although she was more pleased with the food than the history, I enjoyed both. This was my second class and I will definitely be back.