Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

More Info
from $152.00
More Info
7,356 results
All reviews jambalaya demonstration class chef brandon bread pudding and pralines great class bananas foster abita beer artichoke soup learned how learning how history lesson iced tea learn how red beans and rice fun experience highlight of our trip lots of fun
Selected filters
Reviewed July 28, 2015

This was a very enjoyable thing to do for a couple of hours. They demonstrate several New Orleans' styles of cooking and then you eat what you watch them prepare. On the day that I was there they prepared shrimp creole, corn and crab bisque (my favorite) pralines and banana's foster. The best pralines on Bourbon Street. They even offered seconds. I thoroughly enjoyed the demonstration. Julie was our demonstrator and she was great. Carolyn

Reviewed July 24, 2015

I thought it would be a good idea to take a lesson on some classics in Louisiana food and couldn't have picked a better class. Chef Toya was hilarious, telling great anecdotes while showing the simple way to make this great food. The class consisted of learning about Gumbo, Jambalaya and Pralines. After each dish was prepared plates were distributed amongst the class and we were provided lemonade, beer and ice tea. I would definitely come back to the NOSC to learn more.

1  Thank Shay L
Reviewed July 22, 2015

Took the gumbo, jambalaya, praline class...what fun! Chef Kevin was a hoot and the recipes were easy to follow and make. My gumbo made with his recipe came out just like Chef's. Make reservations early as you can classes fill up quickly. I would definitely do this again.

Date of experience: March 2015
Reviewed July 20, 2015

This was so much fun. Chef Kevin and his team were awesome. I wanted to attend a second class but no time. i had never eaten or cooked étouffée. It was delicious. We also prepared a soup and pralines. Yummy. I would highly recommend you do this on your visit to New Orleans.

Reviewed July 17, 2015

My partner & I travelling from Australia causally stumbled across the New Orleans School of Cooking walking home. Without looking at trip advisor reviews we booked a session for the following day due to our itinerary restraints. The head chef Toya was an amazing hostess (and cook). She was entertaining, informative and welcoming. She explained the history behind the dish which makes you appreciate every meal you come to eat in New Orleans. We we're very happy with our session and recommend you attend if in town, was very great value for money! We're looking forward to re-creating some recipes at home :)