“Tasty afternoon”

and up
New Orleans Culinary and Cocktail Walking Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We teach the basics of Louisiana Cooking in a way you’ll never forget. Fun is a primary ingredient in our kitchen! Our Cajun / Creole experts teach New Orleans specialties such as Gumbo, Jambalaya and Pralines, seasoning them with history, trivia and tall tales! We offer demonstration classes and hands-on classes daily! DEMONSTRATION CLASS: Watch, learn & eat! Sit back and enjoy watching our skilled, entertaining chefs prepare a classic Cajun / Creole meal for you while learning about the vibrant history of New Orleans cuisine - enjoy all the demonstrated items, as well as local Abita beer with your meal! HANDS ON CLASS: Cook & eat an authentic Louisiana meal! In this highly interactive class, our guests prepare a complete dinner with one of our expert chefs, and afterwards they are able to sit down and enjoy the meal they have just created. Served with red & white wine.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Stairs / elevator
Nashua, New Hampshire
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Tasty afternoon”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We spent a Friday afternoon with Chef Kevin watching and learning to make gumbo, jumbalaya and pralines and the best part was getting to eat everything when he was done !
Great food,a fun time and recipes so we can at least taste the food at home.
Chef Kevin and all the staff were fun, friendly and helpful.
When in New Orleans definitely go and enjoy !

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Cheryl G

St. Augustine, Florida
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great way to spend an afternoon and soak up the food culture of a very ethnic city.”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Want to learn what New Orleans cooking is all about in an afternoon? Take this wonderful cooking demonstration class with Anne, a New Orleans native, who will keep you interested with her humor, her love of NO food, and it's history. She started the class with a lively bit on the areas history, and how NO's food evolved through the many cultures that came to the area. She has an honest, refreshing, fun loving way, that she brings to her class, her love of food and NO. She gives tips along the way. Her demonstration is easy going, stress free. I was alone and I felt very comfortable from the beginning. Food was delicious, more than I could eat, and I came home with the recipes! At $29 this was a bargain and a great way to spend an afternoon. I now will have the best Bread Pudding Recipe w/white chocolate in my neighborhood. Can't wait to show my husband and my friends how to make Gumbo, Jumbalaya, Bread Pudding and PRALINES!!!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank kjc1156
Williamsburg, VA
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Tourist? Local? Check this out!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I lived in NOLA for 10 years and never went here...I've been twice since I left and absolutely love it. The knowledge that the staff has of both food and Louisiana history and the way they tie them together is amazing. A must do for lunch and learning.

Bay Shore, New York
“Best thing in the big easy by far!!!!”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Such an amazing time! I tell everyone going to New Orleans that this is a MUST!!! So amazing. Learned to cook delicious food and learn about the New Orleans home culture!!

Visited October 2012
Indianapolis
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“3rd time is the charm”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We have done this 3 times and it Never disappoints. We always have fun, laugh, learn and leave with cooking ideas and full bellies. Learning the history of the area and how food was born from the settlers and how our history has shaped our cuisine in both Creole and Cajun is fascinating. Never boring and lunch prepared during class, it is well worth going to bed early the night before so you can participate in class. We will be doing it again on the next trip!

Visited January 2013