“Aquarium of The Americas, New Orleans, LA.”

Audubon Aquarium of the Americas
Ranked #35 of 364 things to do in New Orleans
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Located on the Mississippi River adjacent to the French Quarter Audubon Aquarium of the Americas immerses you in an underwater world. The colors of a Caribbean reef come alive in our walk-through tunnel, while our penguins and Southern sea otter enchant you with their antics. Touch a sting ray, feed a parakeet, and marvel at our gigantic sharks, tarpon, and rays in the 400,000 gallon Gulf of Mexico Exhibit. Watch for sea turtles throughout the Aquarium-as coordinator of the Louisiana Marine Mammal and Sea Turtle Rescue Program, we prepare many of them for release to the wild.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Cordova, Tn.
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Aquarium of The Americas, New Orleans, LA.”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This attraction is actually part of the Riverwalk Mall and is well worth the few dollars it cost. Jeff, grandson, and I spent $33.00 and enjoyed every minute of the aquarium. As most aquariums it was a bit crowed but patience will eventually preside. It has about every kind of sea creature and fish in around the Gulf of Mexico. There are several other attractions inside the aquarium and cost additional if you want to see them. THE GREAT THING ABOUT IT WAS IT WAS HOT THAT DAY OUTSIDE BUT NICE AND COOL INSIDE. The Riverwalk Mall is in a rebuilding program and most of the shops were closed or closing, so don't go and expecting to enjoy shopping in the mall.

• Polish first
Valdosta, Georgia
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Crowded but great aquarium”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Our 8 year old loved the aquarium, and we enjoyed it also. I think my favorite was the parakeet exhibit. You have to buy a food stick for $1.50 and there are hundreds of birds and they will land on your arms, camera, etc for food. We liked this aquarium much better than the one in atlanta.
it was very crowded but we were still able to see and do everything we wanted to. Found out you can go in the imax theatre lobby to buy tickets, the line outside was very long and it was super hot so thankful someone told us about buying tickets there instead of watiing outside.

Visited July 2013
Alvin, Texas
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My family and I enjoyed the aquarium but it was not as big as I expected from the reccomendations we got. It had some good exhibits but I have been to aquariums with better exhibits.

Fairview, Texas
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Nice way to get a break from the heat.”
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We've seen better aquariums, but we still enjoyed ourselves. We bought the combo ticket that included the I Max. We saw Hurricane on the Bayou and I recommend it.

GA
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“"Cool"”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We went with family and small children on a day with the heat index at 105 degrees. It was refreshing just to go inside! Once there, we enjoyed the Rainforest exhibit and walking up to the top where we saw parrots out of the cage. My great nephews loved seeing the enormous Anaconda. The very little ones enjoyed the penguins and the fish swimming on their level of view. The sea horse display was very interesting. I thought the aquarium was well organized and thorough. A great family outing. Parking nearby. For $5.00 off parking get your ticket stamped at the Aquarium. Parking for us was $7.00. We had a picnic outside the aquarium under a tree. While there we saw barges and a riverboat so it was interesting to see the traffic on the Mississippi. I did miss having water fountains inside. I think there was one place to buy drinks. They took a group picture that was interesting with animals put in the hands of the children on the computer . It was $12.00 or something similar.We didn't buy it but we liked it.