“Great German food”

Cuisines: German, Central European
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: We would like to invite you to the only German restaurant New Orleans has to offer. Our specialty is authentic home-style Bavarian and Bohemian cuisine. In addition, JägerHaus is also the only full service Lavazza coffee shop in New Orleans.When you visit our cozy German bistro in New Orleans, you will feel like you just stepped in to a nice little restaurant off the square somewhere in the middle of Munich or Prague.
Reviewed October 29, 2013

My husband and I were in New Orleans for my 50th birthday and we decided to celebrate my big night at jagerhaus. We spent a month traveling Europe this summer and loved the German food. The beer selection at jagerhaus was outstanding and I had a delicious Riesling wine, we both had the weiner schnitzel which was delicious. We felt like we were back in Germany. The apple strudel was a wonderful way to finish off our night. The restaurant is small but very cozy and the staff was friendly and very efficient. It was a wonderful birthday dinner.

Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Bacon bloody Mary was amazing, pork shank dinner is a must try and the burger was fantastic too! And the German chocolate cake was wonderful as well :)

Reviewed October 25, 2013

While I was disappointed that Jagerhaus was closed for 3 days in September (when I had a friend in town who lived in Berlin and did not call ahead to make sure of availability), I heard back from another friend who schooled in Frankfurt and was in town for a reunion in June 2013. I tauted (as I always do) that the group must put Jagerhaus on their "to-do" list, and this friend said it was the BEST MEAL she had the whole time she was in New Orleans! The rest of the group, who took my recommendation for the BEST Wienerschnitzel around, agreed wholeheartedly! Thank you for bringing the REAL THING to New Orleans! I'll be back again and again! Gail--Karlsruhe American High School graduate, now in Kenner, LA

Reviewed October 24, 2013

What a gem in the Jagerhaus. We stopped in for a lunch of sauerbraten and German meatloaf and found our expectations exceeded by the flavors and quality. Sauerbraten is one of those dishes that seems to be served two ways in German American restaurants...either it comes out dry and over marinated, or tender good with a balance of flavors. The Jagerhaus falls in the second category. The gingersnap gravy was a perfect foil to the meat, and I was thrilled to eat red cabbage very similar to they way I prepare it....with a little tartness and a hint of caraway seed. One thing I cannot make as good as Jagerhaus is their execution of Spaetzle. They were the lightest, most tender dumplings I have EVER had in any restaurant. I have to say, however, my partner's German Meatloaf was the real star of the table. Though I enjoyed every bite of my sauerbraten, one taste of the perfectly seasoned meatloaf had me wishing to swap plates...LOL. There was a deep flavorful mushroom quality to the meat that raised a rather pedestrian dish to a whole new level. I loved how they gave the slice of meatloaf a visit to a hot skillet it give it a crispy edge too.

The service was excellent...friendly and attentive. I only wished that we had a couple more days in town to sample a breakfast or dinner at the Jagerhaus too. The only thing I thought they might be able to serve was the herbal bitters Underberg in those tiny bottles. It is a fine digestiv for German food, but, alas it was not stocked in their bar. Jagermeister is just not the same, for me.

Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

We went into this little place because it was close to where we were staying and what a surprise. Great service and food. If you are looking for German place in the big easy this is the place to go.

1  Thank LBIslanders