“A quiet respite amongst the craziness”
other travelers have booked this property
Gourmet kitchen built from ground up in last five years!
our home full frontal view
Check Availability
full frontal view
main gate
front porch
kitchen/sunroom
great kitchen, with courtyard thru windows
kitchen
courtyard
downstairs suite bedroom
room #2 shower
room #3 bath
balcony queen room upstairs.
view from front room balcony
suite parlor
suite bathroom
stairs - not kid-friendly!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Rental Home -
4 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms, Sleeps 8
New Orleans, Louisiana

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 399 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
French first
German first
Italian first
Any
ABachWarr...
Warrior, Alabama
“A quiet respite amongst the craziness”
Reviewed August 14, 2010 for a stay in August 2010

We love New Orleans go often. La Maison Marigny is one of our favorite places to stay because EVERYTHING we enjoy about the city is walkable, it's quiet and it's clean / comfortable. The streetcars are nearby if you HAVE to leave the area but why would you? We just adore Frenchman Street jazz and the Maison Marigny B&B is just 2 blocks away.

John the host is excellent as well. Great cook, super personality and ultra-knowledgeable.

If you can pick a room, we really like the middle room. Smallest bathroom (and it isn't large by any means) but a beautiful yellow-toned room in the middle of the house, buffetted from noise on all sides.

Your age range 25-34
Lassie197...
Sydney
“Cool oasis in hot city”
Reviewed July 22, 2010 for a stay in July 2010

I stayed in La Maison for a long weekend and will definitely be back. John is friendly and outgoing, full of recommendations of things to do (which he will help you with with phone calls and reservations).

The house is old and full of character and the rooms plush and decadent. Although the air conditioning unit was right outside my room and a bit loud (but I was eternally grateful it was there and working!) - I had it tuned out by the second day.

The location is fabulous, I walked all over the French Quarter and could be back in my nice quiet B&B within 20 minutes. You had the cachet of staying on Bourbon St but not the inconvenience of loud music, drunken louts and not very nice smells - all of which stayed a nice 2 (small) blocks away.

There was a computer and printer available and John had snacks and cold drinks in the fridge to which you could help yourself. With only 4 bedrooms you got the feel of an exclusive house party.

I will definitely be recommending to friends and will be coming back myself one day.

Traveling group: Solo Traveler
Lemonhall
Spring, Texas
“Enjoyed!”
Reviewed July 21, 2010 for a stay in July 2010

My stay at La Maison Marigny was very comfortable and very enjoyable. Before arriving, I was a little usnsure about staying at a B&B but, after looking at La Maison's website and reading the reviews, I was convinced. Once I arrived, I felt very at ease and pleased with the B&B! The location is great, the home is wonderful and the rooms are nicely decorated and really clean. To my surprise, it was so quiet and private, I never knew anyone else was staying there! I can't wait to visit here again!

cnjmccann
Coulterville, IL
“Would choose this B&B again in a heartbeat!”
Reviewed June 29, 2010 for a stay in June 2010
person found this review helpful

We recently stayed at La Maison Marigny for five nights and were really pleased with our visit. John is a very good host and we had enjoyable conversations over breakfast each morning. The guests who were there at the same time were all pleasant and low-key.

Our stay there was uneventful in the sense that everything went so well. We went to NO mainly for the music and the food, but we really wanted to be able to sleep in quietness when we went back to our room. I was concerned about this as I planned our trip because in reviews of other establishments noisiness was a common complaint. I knew that for us, that would put a real damper on our trip. I love my nightlife, but when I'm ready to sleep, I want to sleep!

The B&B is in the perfect location for that. It's on Bourbon Street, but it's far enough away from the action to be quiet, yet close enough to walk to and enjoy the music on Bourbon and Frenchmen. We had easy access to parking -- it was free; many places charge $25 to $35 per night so we factored that into our decision making. Also, the reviews I read about this place were so favorable that it made me feel comfortable.

I appreciated the fact that we felt safe and felt very comfortable leaving our belongings behind in the room.

The rooms are very clean (which was also a big deal to me). The bathroom was really small in our room, but John let us know that up front. The other rooms had larger bathrooms. The steps to the upstairs rooms are narrow and fairly steep, so a person would want to take that into consideration if there are physical limitations. But if that’s a problem there is a huge downstairs room available that’s gorgeous! The rooms are tastefully decorated and there is a nice sitting room and courtyard along with a small kitchen where John makes breakfast each morning for the guests. Also, the fridge was kept stocked with drinks, half-and-half, etc. John is also good about recommending tours, bars, restaurants, etc., and has put together a little brochure (including a map) with places he recommends his guests to enjoy.

We had a great time in NO and I attribute a lot of that to our stay at La Maison Marigny! So in summary here are the things I really liked about this B&B:
1. We felt safe and felt our belongings were safe when we weren’t there.
2. We slept great even, but still were close enough to the nightlife to enjoy it.
3. Very clean (looks pretty, too).
4. John is a great conversationalist and makes some pretty darn good muffins.

Highly recommended. Would stay there again in a heartbeat!

Your age range 35-49
TheCru_ru
Orlando, Florida
“Perfect Location - Quiet yet close to the action”
Reviewed June 25, 2010 for a stay in July 2009
person found this review helpful

We stayed in the "owners suite", which was very spacious and nice. Could easily sleep a adults and 1 or 2 kids. There was a little library of travel books about NOLA which was very helpful. They also provided us with a map with all of their favorite restaurants on it. We were able to find some great low key places for lunch using it. They also offer hundreds of DVDs to watch if you want to have a quiet afternoon or evening and ipod docking stations in the rooms. It was just a couple of blocks off the main party area of bourbon street, close enough to be an easy and safe walk, far away enough that you could sleep easily with no disturbances. Breasfast was a little different each morning, always fresh fruit, coffee, tea, and juice, but a different fresh baked good. I'd defiantely stay here again if given the opportunity.

Traveling group: Friends
parmesan
New Smyrna Beach, Fl
“A very nice stay!”
Reviewed June 17, 2010 for a stay in June 2010
person found this review helpful

My husband & I stayed 4 nights at this B&B and really enjoyed ourselves. The host, John was very helpful(with a great personality), the room was nice and clean and we would return in a heartbeat. We were able to walk just about everywhere we wanted to go and felt very safe. The frig was stocked and we did snack occasionally. There were no parking fees and the atmosphere was warm, not like hotel stays. I would highly recommend this B&B and would love to return!

nkluedke
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
“Perfect home base for our first trip to NOLA”
Reviewed April 29, 2010 for a stay in April 2010
people found this review helpful

I had never been to New Orleans before and used Tripadvisor as a guide as to what neighborhood and what place to stay. I'm so glad we chose Le Maison Marigny. First - location! Easy walk to French Quarter and Frenchman street. We were so so pleased with this location. So easy to get around and quiet at night. The room and bathroom were quaint, but clean and cozy. I usually sleep terribly away from home, but I slept like a log here. My husband and I enjoyed picking up some Abita and sitting out back in the courtyard after a long day of walking around. And John greeted us each morning with a lovely breakfast and coffee. He was great to chat with about the city and his time there. When we return to New Orleans to listen to more great music and eat more great food, it's a no brainer that we'll be coming back here.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing