“Great 4BR/4BA full house rental”
other travelers have booked this property
Gourmet kitchen built from ground up in last five years!
our home full frontal view
Check Availability
full frontal view
main gate
front porch
kitchen/sunroom
great kitchen, with courtyard thru windows
kitchen
courtyard
downstairs suite bedroom
room #2 shower
room #3 bath
balcony queen room upstairs.
view from front room balcony
suite parlor
suite bathroom
stairs - not kid-friendly!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Rental Home -
4 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms, Sleeps 8
New Orleans, Louisiana

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 399 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
French first
German first
Italian first
Any
Traveler7...
“Great 4BR/4BA full house rental”
Reviewed October 1, 2018 for a stay in September 2018

Great location on Bourbon. Really nice kitchen area. Favorite part may have been the back patio. The owner was response and the pictures are a good representation of the property.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Kcitizen
Kansas City, Missouri
“Charming and a great location!”
Reviewed February 9, 2018 for a stay in February 2018

Beautiful kitchen and backyard. All rooms comfortable and quite lovely. John is a wonderful and attentive host. I’ll definitely book again!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
Feb 11, 2018
It's always nice having such wonderful guests at our place. Please come see us again soon!
magook
Ottawa, Canada
“Best home rental ever!”
Reviewed May 6, 2016 for a stay in April 2016
people found this review helpful

This property is exactly as advertised, the pictures accurately capture the decor and facilities, 4 large bedrooms each with its own bathroom, a powder room on the main level, a large bright kitchen and lovely outdoor area. The dual climate control upstairs/downstairs and gated front also added comfort to our stay.

The location is perfect, at the quiet end of Bourbon two blocks from Frenchmen St, everything is within walking distance including the streetcars if needed. It's impossible to list everything nearby so here's just a couple of recommendation, Frenchmen St on weekend afternoons for great music and minimal crowds, French Market for souvenirs and fresh fruit and a special shout out to Verti Marte for delicious take out food as well as wine/beer supplies!

Last but not least, the owners, they are both professional and personable, ready to answer any questions and take great pride in their beautiful property.

Charles T
“Great Location”
Reviewed March 21, 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

I have been to New Orleans over a dozen times and have stayed at various hotels on Canal, French Quarters along with properties in the garden district and none of them compare to Maison Marigny! It's everything it is advertised to be. The location is unbeatable. Blocks away from Frenchman, French Market and the heart of Bourbon Street. You do not need a car because everything is in walking distance.

Four couples stayed in the house and it was spacious enough to accommodate all of us. We each ( couple) had our own bathroom which is rare. The house is stocked with all the amenities you can think of. Plenty of towels, linens and toiletries. We didn't cook but Kitchen is fully stocked with pots, pans coffee maker and seasonings. We were even able to print out our boarding passing there. There are plenty of maps and literature about the area along with information for local tours. There is a beautiful courtyard in the back perfect for relaxing and drinking your morning coffee. We felt extremely safe in the house because it is gated.

The owner is very responsive and accommodating. The neighborhood is quiet and peaceful. If we brought the kids this would be the place to do it. This will be our first choice of residence everytime we come back to New Orleans.

Value Location
Traveling group: Couples
Gretchen...
“So lovely you will never want to leave!!”
Reviewed December 5, 2015 for a stay in November 2015
person found this review helpful

What can I say about our stay at La Maison Marigny that has not been said in all the glowing reviews before? Let me try and do it the justice it deserves without being redundant.

My family took over the entire house for Thanksgiving week, and we loved our stay!!

John, one of the owners, met us at the door to welcome us, provide us with keys and much needed information to make the most of our trip. He is very charming, attentive and shared with us a wealth of knowledge. It was Southern hospitality at it’s finest!

It is an understatement to describe the house as beautiful. My Mother told John, “If it were mine I could not bear to let anyone stay here. I would be too worried about it.” I agree!! The ornate architecture combined with the baroque style of decorating made me feel as if I had entered another world. The house alone was enough to put us all in a New Orleans state of mind!

After seeing the pictures of the back patio on the web site I was really looking forward to it being the perfect spot for my family to converge and just spend time together. The weather cooperated perfectly, and we all enjoyed relaxing among the lovely flowers, under covered seating listening to the trickling fountain.

Mother was out there first thing in the morning doing her crossword puzzle and we all would join her with hot coffee in our La Maison Marigny mugs. It is the smallest detail, but I love good coffee mugs! They are available for purchase, and at just $15 each were the perfect souvenir of our trip. (I am sipping out of mine as I write this!)

In the evenings the patio provided the perfect gathering place for us all. My brother-in-law mastered making the quintessential drink of New Orleans, the Bloody Mary. We all decided that Zing Zang was the best mix coupled with cucumber vodka. If we had never left this charming courtyard the trip would have still been a huge success.

But there was so much to see and do that we didn’t want to miss. My husband and myself especially loved the location because we are walkers. The house is located on the quiet end of Bourbon Street but all we had to do was walk out the door in either direction for adventure. I especially loved strolling down Royal Street and through the French Market. We did make our way to rowdy end of Bourbon Street early one evening and drank hurricanes and watched the dueling pianos at Pat O’ Briens. It was quite an experience!

So much has been written about how great the location La Maison Marigny is and I agree. But on this trip our eldest son introduced us to the concept of Uber. By signing up we could easily summon cars that took us to other places in New Orleans. I am so glad we didn’t miss the fantastic Christmas light display at the Celebration in the Oaks, eating macaroons in the Garden District, or the parakeets at the New Orleans Aquarium. Opening day at the horse races on Thanksgiving was a real highlight as well. New Orleans may be famous for Bourbon Street, but that is only the beginning of all it has to offer.

I cannot recommend La Maison Marigny any higher. The house is so lovely you will not want to leave, and it is the perfect base to explore this extraordinary city. It is the best of both world! Thank you John for sharing your beautiful home.

john b
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Just THE BEST Place to stay !!”
Reviewed December 5, 2015 for a stay in October 2015

Brian and Alvin could not have been better hosts. My wife and I had just finished a cruise and decided to stay in New Orleans for a few days. Arrived on Halloween...'what a BLAST'. It's like meeting old friends when you chat with the boys who are a ' real source of information, of where to go, restaurants to eat at, where to find 'the music' etc'
Built in 1848, this building, with only 4 superior bedrooms, has charm, elegance and so easy to walk everywhere! Thanks Brian and Alvin.... we WILL be back

Location Cleanliness
Traveling group: Couples
Your age range 65+
Jean T
SJU
“Home away from home (if you are extremely lucky)”
Reviewed September 30, 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

Rooms are exactly as pictured but bigger. Amenities are great, nice beds, easy access, very quiet. Location is perfect - within walking distance of everything the French Quarter and Frenchmen Street have to offer. John was an excellent host and you can tell he loves NOLA and being your host. Can't wait to go back

Value Rooms
Traveling group: Friends
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing