“We are from New Orleans and could not have picked...”
other travelers have booked this property
Gourmet kitchen built from ground up in last five years!
our home full frontal view
Check Availability
full frontal view
main gate
front porch
kitchen/sunroom
great kitchen, with courtyard thru windows
kitchen
courtyard
downstairs suite bedroom
room #2 shower
room #3 bath
balcony queen room upstairs.
view from front room balcony
suite parlor
suite bathroom
stairs - not kid-friendly!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Rental Home -
4 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms, Sleeps 8
New Orleans, Louisiana

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 398 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
French first
German first
Italian first
Any
jbarryChi...
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“We are from New Orleans and could not have picked a better place to stay”
Reviewed February 22, 2010 for a stay in February 2010
people found this review helpful

We Stayed at La Maison Marigny B&B during Mardi Gras this year. We normally stay at one of the "big" hotels, but will not be doing that again! This B&B was the best place that we have ever stayed in New Orleans. It is an excellent value for the price. It is conveniently located at the foot of the French Quarter.

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left (boo hoo), we felt like we were guests in someone home! John was the most hospitable host and greeted us upon arrival and each morning with the most delightful breakfast! I wish that I had some of those muffins right now!

We stayed in the "Owners Suite" and it was so comfortable and charming. It looks exactly like it is portrayed on the the website and furnished with a "real New Orleans flair".The B&B was fully occupied during our stay, but we felt like we had the whole house to ourselves.

Although we are from New Orleans and didn't really need suggestions on places to see and eat, John was really great in offering the other guests great local tips. He gave them all of the right ones. He is well connected in the community and can answer any questions that you may have about the area.

The courtyard was such a wonderful place to wake up to and have a good cup of coffee.
I can only imagine how it will look in the Spring and Summer when everything has grown out from a long cold winter this year. I can smell the magnolias and sweet olive just thinking about them. A most tranquil water fountain will capture your thoughts as you sit and relax.

John does an excellent job in maintaining the property and making you feel at home. We will definitely return and have already decided to stay there next Mardi Gras. We will not wait that long to go back though. Can't wait for our next visit.

Hat's off to you John! You have a wonderful B&B.
Jim & Jack

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
aphasiala...
Tampa, Florida
“I can't wait to go back!!”
Reviewed February 4, 2010 for a stay in November 2009
people found this review helpful

I was in town for a rather large conference. I loved the location of this B & B. The walk to the trolly through the tree lined neighborhood was a pleasant one. A couple of days I actually walked the 11 or so blocks to Canal Street before hopping on the shuttle to the convention center. I would not recommend walking alone at night, though that might be a temptation. Remember, no matter how beautiful the area is, it is still a big city and one must always use good sense and all due care.

John was a wonderful host. I have stayed at many B & Bs over the years (It is an addiction for which I have yet to find a 12-step program) and this was the 1st that gave me a business card listing the name and number of a local taxi company, name address and phone of the B & B and his number, in case I needed it. John had wonderful suggestions for local eateries. He recommended a small burger place, The Port of Call, a block over on Esplanade that was fabulous. I swear it was the best burger I have eaten in my life! I still tell people about it. My travelling companion and I decided to only eat at places recommended by La Maison Marigny. We did not have a bad meal the entire trip. Granted, it is NOLA, so bad meals are hard to come by, but using the list, I actually discovered a couple of new favorite places.

The room was spacious and very comfortable. We had the Balcony Queen and, therefore, a great view of the street below. The windows opened onto a balcony. It was cold during the evenings we were there, but I still sat on the balcony in the mornings to rock in the rocking chair and start the day slowly. I went to a couple of late conference sessions, so I actually had a chance to eat the pastries that John made in the morning. They were very tasty and the atmosphere was unhurried. The kitchen was open all night, so if I wanted a snack or beverage at anytime during the day or night, I could have one. I loved that. I am a college instructor and needed to check in on my students at least once. There is a computer there for the use of the guests, so I did not have to lug my laptop with me. Loved that as well.

When it was time to leave on Sunday, my travelling companion and I decided we wanted to go to the Gospel Brunch at The House of Blues (not to be missed!). That meant we would be leaving later in the day, after the usual check-out time. John was headed to the Saints/Buccaneers game. He told us to leave the keys in the mailbox on our way out. Which we did. We didn't have to sign a waiver or pledge our 1st born.

The biggest disappointment was not meeting Dewey. I think he is a figment of John's very active imagination ;-) Kudos to them both for a stellar operation!

Visit was for: Business
Traveling group: Colleagues
Andrea728
New York, NY
“If you want to feel like you have your very own house in New Orleans”
Reviewed January 18, 2010 for a stay in January 2010
people found this review helpful

John and La Maison Marigny provide the perfect place for someone who is looking for a place to relax and enjoy New Orleans. They are at your disposal 24/7, but the house is so comfortable and the amenities so convenient that you feel as if it is your very own house in New Orleans. I especially appreciate that the kitchen and sitting area is there for all to enjoy all day long and the wireless internet throughout the house is a big help for those who may have to check in with work or those who just want to look up a particular restaurant's website, etc. They provide a computer in the sitting room to do the same. I cannot think of a place I would recommend more highly in New Orleans than La Maison Marigny.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
pinksequi...
madison, wi
“WOW. The Best place to stay in NOLA”
Reviewed January 16, 2010 for a stay in December 2009
people found this review helpful

I had the privildege of staying at La Maison Marigny almost 10 years ago, and was SO happy that they had rooms for us on my fourth visit to this beautiful city in December. Not only can the location not be beat, but it was safe, spotlessly clean, and the only thing better than the comfort of the big, pillowed beds was the incredible breakfast that John served every morning.

We had both company for breakfast, and the privacy of the beautiful back patio when we wanted it. An afternoon reading and writing in a rocking chair on the front porch were my favorite memories of our trip.

Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
EeyoreWI
Madison, WI
“Bourbon, but quiet - need I say More?”
Reviewed January 12, 2010 for a stay in November 2009
people found this review helpful

The location of this place really can't be beat. So close to the Quarter, yet not in the midst of the late night drunken melee. It's a safe walk to anywhere we felt like we needed to go and the room is more than comfortable enough for the little time we spent there.

John's a great host with lots of good information about things to do off the beaten track - and some things on the beaten path as well. I'm not generally a B&B type person, but this place gave me the privacy I appreciate with the opportunity to socialize if I chose.

Traveling group: Friends
orczar
Maineville, Ohio
“Wow... great experience!”
Reviewed January 1, 2010 for a stay in December 2009
people found this review helpful

I stayed at La Maison Marigny Dec. 19 - 22, 2009. I was in town to run the Ole Man River Half Marathon, and to hang out with some friends. The location of the B&B couldn't be better. As a female traveling solo, I am concerned about safety, and felt completely safe at the B&B and in the neighborhood, as well. The property is very close to the Quarter, but far enough away that it is a quiet neighborhood. Being in the Faubourg Marigny, it is also close to several fabulous restaurants. It is not necessary to have a car while visiting New Orleans, but I did have one on this trip. I was provided with a resident's parking pass, and had no difficulty finding a legal place to safely park my rental. The B&B has a desktop computer for use by the guests, as well as Wifi.

John, one of the proprietors, was a most gracious host. Very knowledgeable and friendly. (His blueberry-white chocolate muffins weren't half-bad either!) One of my favorite things about staying here was listening to the horse drawn carriages returning to the stables as I drifted off to sleep at night =)

Traveling group: Solo Traveler
lydiam13
Boston,MA
“I felt so comfortable and relaxed..like being in my own home.”
Reviewed December 29, 2009 for a stay in November 2009
people found this review helpful

My family and I (8 all together) rented all the rooms at this B and B. The proprietors do not live in the house, so you are really enjoying this lovely house with your family, The owner, John Ramsey, was there every morning to put on delicious coffee and bake muffins or bread. He also serves fresh fruit and cereals. It was wonderful to wake up to the smell of coffee and baking. When John is not there, there are snacks, water, cold drinks, etc in the refrigerator. There is a computer in the den for your use. John gives as much guidance as you want regarding site seeing and restaurants. It couldn't have been better.

Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 65+
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing