“WOW. The Best place to stay in NOLA”
other travelers have booked this property
Gourmet kitchen built from ground up in last five years!
our home full frontal view
Check Availability
full frontal view
main gate
front porch
kitchen/sunroom
great kitchen, with courtyard thru windows
kitchen
courtyard
downstairs suite bedroom
room #2 shower
room #3 bath
balcony queen room upstairs.
view from front room balcony
suite parlor
suite bathroom
stairs - not kid-friendly!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Rental Home -
4 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms, Sleeps 8
New Orleans, Louisiana

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 399 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
French first
German first
Italian first
Any
pinksequi...
madison, wi
“WOW. The Best place to stay in NOLA”
Reviewed January 16, 2010 for a stay in December 2009
people found this review helpful

I had the privildege of staying at La Maison Marigny almost 10 years ago, and was SO happy that they had rooms for us on my fourth visit to this beautiful city in December. Not only can the location not be beat, but it was safe, spotlessly clean, and the only thing better than the comfort of the big, pillowed beds was the incredible breakfast that John served every morning.

We had both company for breakfast, and the privacy of the beautiful back patio when we wanted it. An afternoon reading and writing in a rocking chair on the front porch were my favorite memories of our trip.

Date of stay: December 2009
Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
EeyoreWI
Madison, WI
“Bourbon, but quiet - need I say More?”
Reviewed January 12, 2010 for a stay in November 2009
people found this review helpful

The location of this place really can't be beat. So close to the Quarter, yet not in the midst of the late night drunken melee. It's a safe walk to anywhere we felt like we needed to go and the room is more than comfortable enough for the little time we spent there.

John's a great host with lots of good information about things to do off the beaten track - and some things on the beaten path as well. I'm not generally a B&B type person, but this place gave me the privacy I appreciate with the opportunity to socialize if I chose.

Traveling group: Friends
orczar
Maineville, Ohio
“Wow... great experience!”
Reviewed January 1, 2010 for a stay in December 2009
people found this review helpful

I stayed at La Maison Marigny Dec. 19 - 22, 2009. I was in town to run the Ole Man River Half Marathon, and to hang out with some friends. The location of the B&B couldn't be better. As a female traveling solo, I am concerned about safety, and felt completely safe at the B&B and in the neighborhood, as well. The property is very close to the Quarter, but far enough away that it is a quiet neighborhood. Being in the Faubourg Marigny, it is also close to several fabulous restaurants. It is not necessary to have a car while visiting New Orleans, but I did have one on this trip. I was provided with a resident's parking pass, and had no difficulty finding a legal place to safely park my rental. The B&B has a desktop computer for use by the guests, as well as Wifi.

John, one of the proprietors, was a most gracious host. Very knowledgeable and friendly. (His blueberry-white chocolate muffins weren't half-bad either!) One of my favorite things about staying here was listening to the horse drawn carriages returning to the stables as I drifted off to sleep at night =)

Date of stay: December 2009
Traveling group: Solo Traveler
lydiam13
Boston,MA
“I felt so comfortable and relaxed..like being in my own home.”
Reviewed December 29, 2009 for a stay in November 2009
people found this review helpful

My family and I (8 all together) rented all the rooms at this B and B. The proprietors do not live in the house, so you are really enjoying this lovely house with your family, The owner, John Ramsey, was there every morning to put on delicious coffee and bake muffins or bread. He also serves fresh fruit and cereals. It was wonderful to wake up to the smell of coffee and baking. When John is not there, there are snacks, water, cold drinks, etc in the refrigerator. There is a computer in the den for your use. John gives as much guidance as you want regarding site seeing and restaurants. It couldn't have been better.

Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 65+
GWMichael
“Location!”
Reviewed December 14, 2009 for a stay in November 2009
people found this review helpful

Simply perfect for us. Good location and comfortable accommodations.

Janite
New York
“Great value, terrific hospitality, and perfect location”
Reviewed November 16, 2009 for a stay in November 2009
people found this review helpful

I had always stayed in the French Quarter when traveling to New Orleans, but this time stayed in La Maison Marigny, which is just one block from the Quarter on Bourbon Street, but in a great neighborhood, a couple of blocks from Frenchman Street--a treasure trove of music and night life which I hadn't discovered before. John, our host at the La Maison Marigny, made our stay memorable, and was spot on with all his recommendations. I will definitely be going back, and have already recommended this terrific B&B to friends and family.

Visit was for: Business
Traveling group: Other
Your age range 50-64
granpoder
phoenix
“perfection”
Reviewed November 3, 2009 for a stay in October 2009
people found this review helpful

La Maison Marigny is without a doubt the best place to stay when in the Big Easy. It is a beautiful, charming property, and John and Gil redefine the term host. The b&b is close to all the excitement of the french quarter, but located on a quiet street nearby, so you can actually escape the commotion and get some rest. Excellent food was promptly served every morning and your hosts bend over backward to make you feel like an old friend, not a customer. Gil is from NOLA and will regale you with tales of the history and culture if you only ask him. John is always just a cell phone call away if you get lost or need a suggestion for dinner or a watering hole. I cannot imagine every staying anywhere else when in New Orleans.

Date of stay: October 2009
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing