“Glad to be back in NOLA!”
other travelers have booked this property
Gourmet kitchen built from ground up in last five years!
our home full frontal view
Check Availability
full frontal view
main gate
front porch
kitchen/sunroom
great kitchen, with courtyard thru windows
kitchen
courtyard
downstairs suite bedroom
room #2 shower
room #3 bath
balcony queen room upstairs.
view from front room balcony
suite parlor
suite bathroom
stairs - not kid-friendly!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Rental Home -
4 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms, Sleeps 8
New Orleans, Louisiana

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 399 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
French first
German first
Italian first
Any
Mobile320...
Houston (Pasadena), Texas
“Glad to be back in NOLA!”
Reviewed November 6, 2005 for a stay in October 2005
people found this review helpful

We are among the first post-hurricane guests to visit La Maison Marigny and are pleased to report the B&B is not only still standing but also looks great. When we booked, the owners told us not to expect all services and features but when we arrived we were pleased to see a beautifully-restored courtyard and hot water coming from the showerheads! The only thing not working was telephone. Since we all had cell phones it was a non issue. Also breakfast service is somewhat limited as there aren't many stores open but John offered hot muffins or scones, fruit, cereal and yogurt each day along with great cafe du Monde coffee!

It was difficult seeing the destruction in New Orleans but the French Quarter area looks "almost 100%." We had a blast during our off-work hours and can't wait to spend money in the city in 2006!

RichMorri...
Montreal
“Great, especially considering the weather!”
Reviewed July 16, 2005 for a stay in July 2005
people found this review helpful

We visited La Maison in July, just as Hurricane was hitting nearby. The B&B lost electricity for at least a full day as did much of the neighborhood. John was the ultimate host. Made sure we were fed, had full knowledge of the storm's aftermath and our options, ensured our safety and worked diligently to relocate us to another nice B&B AND provide transportation. You don't get THAT from hotels, do you?

The one night we stayed prior to the storm was lovely and I can't wait to return. Nice decor and a great place overall. Good value, too, especially for an overpriced hotel city like New Orleans.

There are other B&Bs and there are many hotels but there's only one John.

Compass36...
New York
“Fantastic”
Reviewed June 28, 2005 for a stay in June 2005
people found this review helpful

My wife and I had a fantatic time in New Orleans. John welcomed us in the B&B and gave us good information on where to go and what to see. The B&B was a perfect choice and I would recomended it to anyone.

hnlbosnyc...
Honolulu
“Could not be more pleased!”
Reviewed June 20, 2005 for a stay in June 2005
people found this review helpful

We loved everything: the B&B, the host, the fabulous location. Having never been to N.O. and not really a B&B person, I had my fingers crossed over my selection of La Maison Marigny. My husband and I loved it. We had the queen balcony room, which we found very nicely appointed. Even with being on the street, the room was cool (central air!) and quiet.
We came down each morning to our delightful host John who was the perfect mixture of helpful & gracious, but not overly chatty (good for me, not being a morning person) and then we would set out walking down Royal Street (we avoided Bourbon whenever possible). The location's nearness to Frenchman Street and the various jazz clubs was a plus---an easy and pleasant walk home, even late at night.

When I walked by some of the hotels I had considered before I booked La Maison, I was so glad to be at our little B&B....it was an oasis to come back to after long days of walking, shopping and eating!

671cliffo...
San Francisco Bay Area
“Great stay in New Orleans”
Reviewed June 20, 2005 for a stay in June 2005
people found this review helpful

My wife and I just returned from a stay at La Maison Marigny. We chose this B&B after reading the many comments about it on TripAdvisor. The positive comments are very definitely deserved. We stayed in the Owners' Suite which was very enjoyable.

Everything about the place was first class: the cleanliness, the decor, the bedding, the atmosphere, the breakfasts, and John's hospitality.

We would definitely stay there again on a return trip to New Orleans!

BrandiB8
Atlanta, GA
“John is great!”
Reviewed June 6, 2005 for a stay in November 2004
people found this review helpful

Sorry it took me sooo long to post my review. :) My boyfriend and I visited La Maison Marigny last fall. I was in town for a conference and he came along with me to make work more enjoyable. First of all I have to say, John was very accomodating when it came to making reservations. He was quick to respond and so friendly over the email that I couldn't wait to meet him.

We reserved the Suite downstairs and loved it! It was our first stay in a Bed and Breakfast and as soon as we arrived John gave us great info on the surrounding area. After that we were pretty much on our own, but it was great to know that we could contact John should we have ANY questions.

I loved everything else everyone mentioned, the location is perfect, muffins delicious, setting and rooms beautiful, DVD collection, Frenchmen Street, the Internet, having water and juices available, a refrigerator to store leftovers, everything was perfect.

I visit New Orleans at least once a year and plan to continue staying at La Maison Marigny. Thanks!

Passenger...
Dallas, TX
“An oasis”
Reviewed May 22, 2005 for a stay in May 2005
people found this review helpful

Wrapping up an enjoyable stay at La Maison Marigny today and I could not wait to post. After all, I read much about this BnB on tripadvisor.com and owe my wonderful vacation to this site.

The B&B owners are nice and the rooms are fantastic. We stayed in the purple room. Loved it! Only drawback was lack of individual thermostats, which isn't surprising in a BnB. Room got a bit cold thanks to the air conditioning but the extra blankets helped.

Be sure to check out nearby Frenchman Street when visiting. Best clubs in New Orleans.

Found out at breafkfast yesterday that one of the owners and I are fraternity brothers, although for different colleges. That was cool.

Overall, a good choice and a good value. Insist on the double chocolate and raspberry muffins too.

AEKDB Rich

Cleanliness Service
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing