“Delightful Bed and Breakfast”
other travelers have booked this property
Gourmet kitchen built from ground up in last five years!
our home full frontal view
Check Availability
full frontal view
main gate
front porch
kitchen/sunroom
great kitchen, with courtyard thru windows
kitchen
courtyard
downstairs suite bedroom
room #2 shower
room #3 bath
balcony queen room upstairs.
view from front room balcony
suite parlor
suite bathroom
stairs - not kid-friendly!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Rental Home -
4 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms, Sleeps 8
New Orleans, Louisiana

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 400 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
French first
German first
Italian first
Any
phalloran...
Louisville, Kentucky
“Delightful Bed and Breakfast”
Reviewed January 13, 2005

We stayed in the Owners Suite of the La Maison Marigny Bed and Breakfast over the Christmas holiday and had a truly wonderful stay. The house is beautifully decorated and very comfortable with large welcoming beds. A front porch and private courtyard are available for enjoying the outdoors, if weather permits. The owner, John, is very hospitable and friendly, offering helpful suggestions for our stay. The location was perfect as the area is very quiet yet covenient to the "action packed" part of Bourbon Street.

An excellent B&B and we will definitely return.

A TripAdvisor Member
Madison, Connecticut
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed January 10, 2005
people found this review helpful

We loved staying at La Maison Marigny. From the minute we checked in until right after we said goodbye, we had an enjoyable stay. We had a balcony view room on second level which has a great view of the street. even though its on the other side of Bourbon, it's ideally situated because its a short walk to the FQ and still away from the noise and chaos of Bourbon Street. Highly recommend it and we look forward to staying there again on our next visit!

Venture29...
Rutherford, NJ
“Great B&B, great location, great hosts.”
Reviewed January 10, 2005
person found this review helpful

Staying at La Maison Marigny was a wonderful experience. The location was ideal: right at the edge of the French Quarter, nestled in a quiet residential area within walking distance of everything...beautiful rooms...very pleasant hosts. Highly recommended!

Compass35...
Westwood, NJ
“Perfect Location, Great Room”
Reviewed January 9, 2005
person found this review helpful

Just spent a long weekend here, and it was perfect. We could walk everywhere we wanted to, yet get away from the crowds at night.

And then wake up to a great breakfast in the kitchen with the owner. He was a tremendous resource for us on where to go.

The room was very nice - simply decorated, comfortable, and clean.

I'm recommending it to all of our friends.

aubrey19
Louisville, KY
“We loved the La Maison Marigny Bed and Breakfast”
Reviewed January 8, 2005
people found this review helpful

I am happy to say my husband and I had a wonderful time at the LaMaison Marigny during the Christmas holiday. We ate and drank our way with friends through a snowy holiday.

The rooms are very comfortable. We had the balcony room. In warmer weather, we could tell it would be a treat to sit out and watch the horse drawn carriages go by. With the snow we could only hear them go by, snuggled under our warm covers.

John is a great host. Helped us choose some local restuarants. Had wonderful food within walking distrance of the B&B. There were four of us and we always felt safe walking to the places we wanted to see.

It was nice of him to have a computer set up for guests to use to check restaurant menus. It was also great to print our boarding passes for the airport.

I can't say enough nice things about this B&B. Hope to return soon.

Odyssey11...
Birmingham, AL
“Made Sugar Even Sweeter!”
Reviewed January 7, 2005
people found this review helpful

First, our beloved Auburn team won the Sugar Bowl! Go Tigers!

The weekend was even better because we chose La Maison Marigny B&B. It was better than expected!

Upsides: great room with a great bed (not too soft at all!), nice renovated bathroom, TV/DVD flat screen unit, lots of in-room reading materials. Cute "do not disturb" signs which my girlfriend loved. Continental breakfast and superb coffee to start the day.

Downsides: filming a Jude Law movie in front of the house. Not too noisy but a lot of activity! Having to get up for breakfast when you've had too much to drink the night before!!

Thanks John. We'll be back!!

Sean and Kelly

ltowngirl
NYC
“A nice stay”
Reviewed January 3, 2005 for a stay in November 2004
people found this review helpful

I stayed at the Maison Marigny after consulting this website. I agree that the rooms are decorated gorgeously and John is an agreeable host. However after reading all the compliments on this site, perhaps my expectations were too high. I though LaMaison Marigny was nice but I would not rate it amongst the best places I've stayed at.

My room was a good size and had good light. The DVD library sounded appealing, but who really has the time to stay indoors and watch movies when visiting the Big Easy? The bed in my room was too soft and I found the bathroom, especially the tub and tiny sink uncomfortable. Having heard so much about the breakfast I was dissapointed to find grocery-store mix muffins and limp fruits. Any hotel provides a more substantial breakfast, even when you've paid less for your room. I had to go to a cafe and have a more filling breakfast.

I've been to NOLA on a few different occassions and sampled various hotels around town. I can think of a few places I'd rather stay. Especially seeing the price I paid to stay at Marigny, I could have gotten better deals elsewhere.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my stay at Marigny, but I would not choose to stay there again. Just thought I'd balance the reviews on this site.

Date of stay: November 2004
Value Rooms
Cleanliness Service
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing