“Brilliant!”
other travelers have booked this property
Gourmet kitchen built from ground up in last five years!
our home full frontal view
Check Availability
full frontal view
main gate
front porch
kitchen/sunroom
great kitchen, with courtyard thru windows
kitchen
courtyard
downstairs suite bedroom
room #2 shower
room #3 bath
balcony queen room upstairs.
view from front room balcony
suite parlor
suite bathroom
stairs - not kid-friendly!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Rental Home -
4 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms, Sleeps 8
New Orleans, Louisiana

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 399 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
French first
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
“Brilliant!”
Reviewed December 10, 2004
people found this review helpful

I am happy to leave a positive review for La Maison Marigny. We did much research over the summer before planning our early December trip to America and were not disappointed. The hosts were very nice and helpful, providing advise throughout our visit. Even sent us to some "locals" spots, which we appreciate. The UK flag was flying when we arrived and much to our delight John replaced it with a Scotland flag midway through our stay! Yes, he bought a Scottish cross just for us!

Breakfast is served "continental" -- muffins, juices, coffee, fruit, etc. It was just as advertised on the website. On the day we wanted a larger breakfast (for our hangovers!) we were directed to Clover Grill, a fun "50s diner" down Bourbon.

John loves to travel. I work for easyJet, a UK airline. We spent most of the time chatting about aviation and travel. It was just so comfortable. Much like being at a friend's house. I noticed this same rapport with other guests, who were all from America.

I will visit New Orleans again one day and will definitely stay at this inn.

Bordentow...
Bordentown, New Jersey
“None Better”
Reviewed December 2, 2004
person found this review helpful

I have stayed in many Bed and Breakfasts on three continents but none can compare with La Maison Marigny. There are so many things right with La Maison Marigny, it is difficult to know where to start. Its location is ideal - close to nearly everything but private and quiet. Unlike many similar facilities, its interior design is subdued and tasteful (also very comfortable). The breakfasts were sumptuous. Perhaps La Maison Marigny's most unusual feature are its many amenities. It has luxuries not usually found in Bed and Breakfasts - access to e-mail, DVD players and DVDs, CD players, travel guides, etc. The hosts are wonderful. They are available and superbly knowledgeable, friendly but not invasive or needy. Because of a work committment on Sunday, I needed to have my breakfast before the scheduled time and John, one of the co-owners, was glad to oblige. Thank you, John! I should also add that La Maison Marigny is a terrific bargain, not cheap but more than reasonable considering the quality. I am counting the days until I can return for another visit. Be forewarned, though. La Maison Marigny has a very dedicated clientale. It is necessary to book MONTHS in advance.

Passport3...
New Braunfels, Texas
“A comfortable weekend in New Orleans”
Reviewed December 2, 2004
person found this review helpful

Really enjoyed our recent visit to New Orleans. Ate and drank way too much and had a wonderful time despite the Bayou Classic football game being in town. (This is not a very nice crowd). This Bed and Breakfast came highly recommended from my boss and it was everything we hoped for. Loved the room (balcony queen room) and the house itself. One night we decided to stay in so we ordered food from a local restaurant, had it delivered and watched the new Harry Potter DVD that was part of the house collection. It was nice to be able to relax. Thanks John & Rich!

Compass96...
Valparaiso, IN
“Great location for our honeymoon!”
Reviewed November 28, 2004

La Maison Marigny B&B on Burbon was the perfect spot for our honeymoon! It is located in a beautifully quiet part of the party street, while in close walking distance to all the must see sights in the Quarter.
We want to go back to N.O. in the future - and La Maison Marigny will be our first choice!

Inspirati...
Fairfax, Virginia
“A Jewel!!”
Reviewed November 17, 2004

My husband and I had a wonderful time in New Orleans, and much of it had to do with the superb quarters we had. We took the downstairs suite with a very comfortable queen-sized bed with excellent linens. We loved our sitting room with French doors to Bourbon Street. Our host recommended the best restaurants and attractions. He also made great muffins each morning. The patio was so nice! I am so glad we found this B and B. The host lives elsewhere, so it was very private--like our own home.

Voyage346...
seattle, wa
“didn't want to return”
Reviewed November 14, 2004
people found this review helpful

I found La Maison Marigny B&B on this website and believe all the rave reviews it has received are absolutely deserving. We just returned today and I can't say enough good things about the place. My husband and I went to NO with 2 other couples to celebrate my 50th birthday. All of us loved the place and would recommend it without hesitation.

We think the size of La Maison Marigny B&B is perfect. It has 3 rooms upstairs and one spectacular room downstairs. Each couple had one of the upstairs rooms. They were all beautifully decorated, very comfortable and spotless. In the evening, we enjoyed sitting in the lovely, private patio sipping a glass of wine before leaving for dinner. A nice continental breakfast was provided and the coffee was superb. Being from Seattle we love our coffee and that meant a lot to all of us.

We know there are many lovely B&B's in New Orleans, but there is only one John. Not only is John extremely knowlegable about the area, he is a most gifted host, taking care of all the small details, attentive but not intrusive and has a great sense of humor. We enjoyed his company every morning.

The French Quarters is close enough to the B&B to walk to, but far enough away to get a good night's sleep. We are SO glad we didn't stay closer. Besides, with all the incredibly good food we consumed, the walks were very much needed.

I know La Maison Marigny will be our B&B of choice whenever we're there.

GoPlaces3...
Philadelphia, PA
“Great location, awesome rooms, pleasant host”
Reviewed November 7, 2004

This B&B is fabulous! The location is perfect, just out of earshot from the noise of Bourbon Street. A short walk takes you to the French Market, shopping, restaurants and bars. The price is very reasonable compared to other places in that area, but you get so much more -- free internet access, a library of recent release DVDs to watch, quality towels and bed linens. John is a great host, and coffee is always ready! There's only 4 rooms so the place is never crowded and each room is impeccably decorated. We'll definitely be back.

Date of stay:
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing