“Perfect location for exploring downriver portion...”
other travelers have booked this property
Gourmet kitchen built from ground up in last five years!
our home full frontal view
Check Availability
full frontal view
main gate
front porch
kitchen/sunroom
great kitchen, with courtyard thru windows
kitchen
courtyard
downstairs suite bedroom
room #2 shower
room #3 bath
balcony queen room upstairs.
view from front room balcony
suite parlor
suite bathroom
stairs - not kid-friendly!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Rental Home -
4 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms, Sleeps 8
New Orleans, Louisiana

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 397 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
French first
German first
Italian first
Any
csomers12
Berkeley, CA
“Perfect location for exploring downriver portion of NOLA”
Reviewed September 26, 2013 for a stay in September 2013

It's tough to imagine a more perfect perch for exploring the Quarter, the Treme, the Marigny, and the Bywater. The house itself is very comfortable and homey. The beds are divine. John is a treat to talk to in the mornings and the breakfasts are down home indulgent. A sweet spot all-round.

Traveling group: Friends
Bill M
Andover, Minnesota
“Great location, fantastic host”
Reviewed September 21, 2013 for a stay in September 2013

For a lovely, quiet bed & breakfast with a friendly and knowledgeable host, you can't go wrong with La Maison. John makes some wonderful breakfasts, and the coffee and conversation were just what we needed to start our daily adventures in and around the French Quarter. My only regret is not staying longer. Thanks again John.

Lindsay W
Tampa, Florida
“Such an awesome experience!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013 for a stay in September 2013

We stayed just this weekend. The location is premium, and quiet. The house is beautifully decorated and the rooms are clean. John is a great cook, and prepares wonderful hot breakfasts each morning. He takes clear pride in the B&B and the city as a whole. He helps you figure out anything you need help with. Our anniversary weekend turned out very romantic! Can't wait to go back!

iknbrgr
Ontario's Near North, Canada
“Awesome Bed and Breakfast”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 for a stay in August 2013
people found this review helpful

My husband and I stayed at La Maison Marigny from August 1st to the 6th and were very pleased with both the location and service. John absolutely spoiled us with the fabulous breakfasts!! It was very hot outside but the house was cool and comfortable. It is beautifully decorated and was an enjoyable place to be during down time. It is located close to everything in the French Quarter but on the quiet side of Bourbon so it was not noisy when we wanted to relax and get some sleep. John was very accommodating and I would highly recommend this B & B to anyone coming to New Orleans!!

Your age range 50-64
cutiep
Georgia
“Perfect Place...Perfect Host”
Reviewed August 7, 2013 for a stay in July 2013

When my friends (4 couples total) and I decided to attend Essence Festival over 4th of July weekend, I searched for a place that would offer a great location, great service, comfortable common areas and great hospitality. After doing some research, I came across La Maison Marigny, read Trip Advisor reviews and decided that this was the perfect place for the group. We reserved the entire house (all 4 rooms) and we truly felt like we had a private home for our own enjoyment.

Host: John is an AMAZING host. He is very knowledgeable, patient, kind and funny as hell! He makes the best chocolate chips cookies (welcome treat) as well as some of the best breakfast dishes I've ever had. Who doesn't want to wake up to the smell of delicious HOMEMADE breakfast every morning??? The best part is that it was included in the stay, as well as some additional snacks for our own enjoyment. John was always available when we needed him. He truly seems to enjoy people PERIOD. He makes breakfast daily, chats and gets out of your way (not that sweet John could ever be in anyone's way LOL). I love JOHN!

Location: The B&B is located on the quiet end of Bourbon and close to bars, restaurants and shops. If you aren't into walking, you can take taxis for very little to nearby bars and restaurants.

B&B decor: John spared no expense in decorating this place. From the drapery to the furniture to the floors and other decor - all TOP NOTCH. My husband and I stayed in the front balcony room and LOVED it. All of the rooms are a nice size, very comfortable and clean. Although the balcony room faces the street, but was not overly noisy. All of the other couples were quite pleased with their accommodations as well. The courtyard is super cute and we enjoyed sitting outside and chatting. Kitchen is amazing with up-to-date appliances. Cleaning crew comes in daily and they are sweet and honest people as well.

Bottom Line: If you want a reasonably priced place to stay with the perfect set-up and the perfect host...book now!

John, thank you for taking care of my group. We'll certainly be back!!

Karen S
Red Bluff, California
“A Lucky Find!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013 for a stay in July 2013
person found this review helpful

If you want to wake up to hot coffee, a delicious and filling breakfast and a witty tour guide, this is your place. John knows every site to see, every place to eat (and drink) and even where to get a haircut. And he is a great storyteller.

The location is perfect, on the quiet end of Bourbon St. We were able to park our car and walk everywhere. I loved the period appropriate decor and the back courtyard. My husband liked to people watch from the front porch rocker. The rooms are clean with all the amenities you would want and the beds are very comfortable. I saw three of the guest rooms and they were all gorgeous. I even have my room picked out for my next visit!

Melissa_e...
El Paso, Texas
“"Highly Recommended!!"”
Reviewed July 21, 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Planning my first trip to New Orleans, I was a little overwhelmed at where to stay. I chose this B & B because of the reviews, and they were certainly right! My expectations were exceeded. Despite my initial reservations regarding the location, my partner and I felt perfectly safe walking and exploring during the day and night. The area was very close to the French Quarter without the chaos. The proximity to Frenchmen Street can't be beat as it was definitely a highlight of our trip! The house is historic and beautifully kept. And like the rest of the reviews, John is awesome!! John was a tremendous help in answering questions, giving wonderful recommendations (restaurants were excellent!), tasty breakfasts, and making us feel comfortable and right at home. He also has great stories and tidbits - we really enjoyed talking with him!

In short, this is a fabulous place to stay - great location, great host, and great room. Highly recommended and would stay again without hesitation! Already looking forward to another trip to this wonderful city.

Traveling group: Couples
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing