“Good meal in popular neighborhood”

Maximo's Italian Grill
Ranked #1,008 of 1,990 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Gov. Nicholls
Reviewed April 7, 2014

The front desk at the Hotel Monteleone recommended this restaurant during a recent stay. I'll admit that I anticipated it would be a little closer, but the walk was lovely. The weather was beautiful that particular evening, and it was nice to experience that end of the French Quarter.

Maximo's is small, but cozy. I was in a party of 2 and we were put in a booth against the wall (it was just a 2 person booth). The server took a few minutes to get over to us and was very attentive afterwards. The charcuterie was outstanding. I strongly recommend the ubriacone cheese. Wine prices were fair and the soup of the day that particularly evening (cream of mushroom) was outstanding.

My dinner companion did not love their meal (spaghetti/meatballs) but I greatly enjoyed the Bolognese with a dollop of shallot ricotta on top. We skipped dessert in anticipation of getting beignets at nearby Café du Monde, but that was all for naught.

I'd recommend Maximo's to anyone and think it'd be a terrific place to take a date.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Expensive, but food was pretty good. Server was just okay. We felt very rushed. We had wine, appetizers and dessert and were in & out in 45 minutes.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

I have dined at this restaurant several times while visiting New Orleans. It is located in the French Quarter near the French Market. The ambience is upscale casual and very inviting. The service has always been very good with competent and friendly wait staff. The bartender, Ian is an excellent bartender. I have had several different dishes on the menu and all have been delicious and freshly prepared. The last time I dined there I ordered the Fetticune with a Ceasar's salad and glass of wine. There are many wonderful wines to choose from. This is one of my favorite places to dine in New Orleans and I will be visiting again when I return.

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Nice venue off beaten FQ path. Food was nicely done. Service transactional and lacking for the price. Would expect more personalized service. Server #251 did nothing to make this honeymoon occasion special.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Location is a little out of the main stream which can be a good thing. We have had wonderful experiences at Maximos and despite the incredible selection in NO we always have a meal there. Specials are outstanding , food is prepared well and the wine list is excellent. They offer a fire roasted option on some of their items and if you like hot food try it. We had a butternut squash soup and my wife always orders the osso buco and she claims it is the best she has ever had. I tend to get seafood fire roasted and it has always been great. I don't know but I hear the place has changed management or it is up and down but we have been eating there for 15 years and it has always been great.