“Wonderful!”

Cross street: Gov. Nicholls
Las Vegas
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Wonderful locals secret Italian food. Had a wonderful meal, waiter had pasta prepared for me that was not on the menu-yes they take special requests. Due to the rain and lack of cabs, Owner Tom gave me a half gallon of milk to take back to my hotel for my little one since I couldn't get to the store. Wonderful food, wonderful service!! A+

Visited May 2013

Detroit, Michigan
“A great classic has gone down hill”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Have been going to this restaurant for nearly 18 years. Have seen it through two previous ownership changes, hurricanes, etc. Quality, great service, and knowledgeable wait staff never varied. Unfortunately, we can't say this anymore. Was there last week during our annual pilgrimage to Jazzfest and we made it our first stop, as always. The server was clueless on details of specials, knew absolutely nothing about wine, and acted like we were bothering him. The lady at the front desk stated there would be a 15-20 minute wait, as we observed a half empty restaurant. We ignored her and headed straight for the kitchen bar where we always sit.

Pre-dinner bread was half the size and quality, The carpaccio seemed days old, and also miniturized. I had the lamb which was cooked well but lacked the unique flavoring I've come to expect here. My wife had veal (which we always loved here) and the quality of the meat was poor and it was slathered in some tasteless sauce. The wine list has become more narrow and yet pricey. I may or may not give this another try on the next trip. I can tell you the current ownership and executive chef need to up their game or a very loyal clientele will disappear. A tell tale sign - half empty during the Wednesday of Jazzfest week???

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank JAROBL813
utah
“Hidden Gem!”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

While this area can feel a bit unpolished, walking into Maximo's is a pleasant surprise. It is quiet and elegant, in an unstuffy way. The food is nothing short of fantastic. We had a great arugula salad with proscuitto that was delicious. All the plates are beautifully presented, creative, and good. The staff is super friendly. I can't wait to return, this is going to be a regular stop for us!

• Visited April 2013
New Orleans
“Good food”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

The food is good, but we wanted it to be better. We went on a Monday night and it was empty, but by the time we finished it was almost half full. Not sure I will go back unless someone else wants to go.

Visited April 2013
Albuquerque NM
“great break from Creole!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

After enjoying fine creole for quite a few meals, we opted for something different - Maximo's was not only different but a great dinner - super menu(prices reasonable for New Orleans), attentive waitress, and great ambience - not crowded or noisy. We'll return on our next visit.

• Visited March 2013