“great food great atmosphere”
Review of Maximo's Italian Grill - CLOSED

Maximo's Italian Grill
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Gov. Nicholls
Reviewed January 12, 2013

we came here on our first evening in New Orleans. it was busy so we sat at the chefs station / bar. a great place to sit! The food was outstanding; cheese and charcuterie, perfect scallops, and great service.

We chatted to the chefs and another couple - we were also given a few things to try as the chefs worked. Perfect way to have a night out - food, company and atmosphere.

The service was just right.

Great place for cocktails too.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

It was our first time to try out their interesting menu, and we loved the salads, chicken with lemon sauce, scallops and desserts. Ian, our bartender, went out of his way to make us feel welcome!
Would highly recommend this very cozy restaurant for a satisfying meal!

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Really nice spot located in the heart of the French Quarter. This space reminds me of an NYC bistro. Small & quaint. Open kitchen. Bordering on trendy, but not at all pretentious. My boyfriend and I had a late dinner here on New Year's Eve. Upon entering, the hostess offered us our choice of party favors: party hats, noisemakers, etc. Nice, warm welcome. The entire staff was super friendly. Fairly limited menu, but consists of some very nice choices. Salads are fresh, pasta entrees are deliciously rich...especially the Crawfish Diablo, which I loved! I only wish I had saved room for dessert, as the tiramisu looked so decadent. Next time, for sure. I really like the vibe at this restaurant.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

i have so many great memories at Maximos. The food is always amazing. The veal fontanelle, carpaccio, and scallops are good choices. The open kitchen is an awesome show if you are a food lover. Chef Thomas is the man. The service is good too. The food in New Orleans is great, but there are not many italian restaurants that get it right. Maximos is an exception to that rule.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is a great cozy place. My hubby favorite dish is chicken marsala. This place can be busy on some days so call and reserve a spot. Great wine list although there are many bars right outside the restaraunt for better deals if you are a heavy drinker. One glass is fine for me so I didnot have a problem with the costs. Request to sit in the back so you can watch the chef cook your food. Very romatic spot. I had several other dishes but anything with pasta will fill you up quickly. I shall be back again. The chefs team is awesome